|Date Posted||July 31, 2022|
Heavy Equipment Operator
You enjoy working with your hands and you don t mind doing the dirty work. You thrive in an ever-changing work environment where every day is different.
Heavy Equipment Operator candidates will have 3+ years of experience operating heavy equipment safely, productively, and efficiently. This job could require pushing, compacting, grading, excavating, loading, or hauling waste or soil and could require working alone or teaming up with other heavy equipment operators.
Day in the Life
After checking in with your manager, you can typically expect to:
• Prioritize safety for themselves, coworkers, and all individuals on the jobsite.
• Pushing, compacting, grading, excavating, loading, or onsite hauling of waste and soil.
• Follow site grading and operations plans, read grade stakes, and operate in a medium to fine grade environment.
• Operate equipment including but not limited to, Excavators, Bulldozers, Loaders, and Backhoes for up to 10+ hours per day.
• Work independently or with other Heavy Equipment Operators
• Quickly and professionally adapt to shifting priorities, client requests, and business needs.
What you need to apply
Due to federal safety regulations, candidates must be at least 21 years of age.
Receive and maintain OSHA 40HR HAZWOPER (prior to or upon hiring).
Ability to pass pre-employment drug screen, physical, and background check
Regularly requires intermittent sitting, standing, walking, running, climbing, squatting, and kneeling.
Physical strength and dexterity sufficient to perform the required task. Must occasionally lift and/or move up to 100 pounds or more with assistance.
3+ years of related experience preferred (trenching, finish grade, digging around utilities, etc.)
US Ecology helps our customers keep the environment clean by doing the hard but rewarding work of safely disposing of hazardous and regulated waste. In short, we work to provide a sustainable future for our children and their grandchildren.
For your hard work
Tuition reimbursement after six months
Opportunity for professional growth
Employer paid certifications and training
Medical, Dental, Vision
401k with company match
Paid Time Off
Cash Recognition Programs
Find out more at
US Ecology is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. We consider all qualified applicants without regard to race, religion, color, sex, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, disability or veteran status, among other factors.