|Date Posted||June 12, 2021|
Trades & Services
IT FIELD OPERATIONS TECHNICIAN JOB REQUIREMENTS
- Two-year degree (college/technical/vocational) or equivalent military training or equivalent hands on experience in electronics is required.
- Ability to logically troubleshoot and repair hardware and software associated with computers, peripheral devices, voice systems, data networks, and telecommunications systems.
- Knowledge of voice, data, and wireless systems and troubleshooting techniques.
- Knowledge of PC hardware, operating systems, and associated peripheral and software components.
- Knowledge of Point of Sale Equipment Software (Panasonic, NCR, etc) Recommend
- Knowledge of Windows 7/8/10 Pro
- Must have basic networking skills (IP Schemes, Subnets Mask)
- Knowledge of pulling and terminating Ethernet drops
- Knowledge of ANSI TIA/EIA T568 Wiring Standards
- Must be able to use step ladders and extension ladders
- Must demonstrate computer / networking skills.
- Ability to work independently, self-starter with good time management skills.
- Must have good verbal and written communications skills.
- Must have CLEAN driving record.
- A+ Certification is a plus but not required.
Work Environment & Physical Demands
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Required to travel to remote sites on a daily basis.
- On rare occasions, might have to travel to remote sites up to 5 hours away
- Overnight hotel says may be required during remodels and equipment upgrades.
- Early morning and evening work may be required at times.
- Frequently required to stand for prolonged periods, up to six hours in an eight hour day.
- The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds
- Required to lift up to 15lbs. overhead while standing on a ladder.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include ability to adjust focus, as necessary to use a computer and digital meters. Must have close- and long-range clarity of vision, three-dimensional vision, and precise hand-eye coordination.
- Must be able to hear, stand/walk, reach with hands/arms, and stoop/kneel/crouch/climb ladders.
- The employee might have to work on gantries, and on man lifts in order to perform some of their duties
The employee will be performing work outdoors throughout the year, and will be exposed to the outdoor conditions.
- Associates or better in Electronics Technology or related field
- Problem Solving Analysis