|Location||Salt Lake City, Utah|
|Date Posted||September 24, 2022|
Location: Salt Lake City, UT
Job Category: Apprentice HVAC
Fifty years ago,the owner and his family started a plumbing business with the vision to provide quality service while helping others learn about the trade. Today, the same owner and his family continues to lead the industry in commercial HVAC and Plumbing by providing a clean, quality service for the communities we help build. With the passion to teach others the trade and great people on our team, we continue to lead the industry and experience continuous growth. If you have a passion to provide quality service and have the desire to continue to learn and advance in the trade, we have growth and leadership opportunities for you.
Grow Your Career with UMC, Inc.
HVAC Installer Benefits
- TOP MARKET PAY
- Excellent Stability & Growth Opportunities
- Medical, Dental, Vision, HSA, Life Insurance for you and your family
- Paid Time Off From Date of Hire
- Paid Holidays
- 401K with 6% Company Match
- Profit Sharing
- 100% paid Apprentice Program
- Family/Friend Referral Program
- Excellent Company Culture
HVAC Installer Pay Range (Hourly)
Salary: $18.00 - $36.00
Actual pay depends on apprenticeship or journeyman level, education, skills test evaluation, experience, and performance.
The successful HVAC Apprentice or Journeyman will continually improve their knowledge and skills to provide quality work completed safely within production timelines while incorporating UMC's Vision, Mission, and Core Values.
HVAC Installer Responsibilities (Essential Job Functions)
- Arrives at job sites on time as scheduled to participate in pre-planning and safety discussions
- Wears proper Personal Protective Equipment or PPE always required.
- Ensures all work performed using proper installation procedures and safety practices.
- Ensures team participation and communication to learn from and teach others.
- Treats others with respect and dignity and incorporates UMC's Vision, Mission, and
- Core Values.
- Demonstrate a high degree of integrity and maintain the confidentiality of business information.
- Possess good organizational, interpersonal, and initiative skills.
- Performs other duties as directed.
HVAC Installer Qualifications
- Must have a high school diploma, or General Equivalency Diploma, or GED.
- Journeyman must obtain EPA and RMGA certifications.
- For apprentices, you are currently enrolled in school, or you plan to enroll into our 100% paid apprentice program and attends classes regularly.
- Must be able to pass an HVAC skills test. The results of this test help determine position level and pay.
- Must be experienced with pressure sensors, humidity sensors, rooftop units, make-up air units, variable air volume units, energy recovery vent units, differential pressure devices, variable frequency drives, and air handler units.
- Strong knowledge of workflow on commercial construction sites is required.
- Proven skill level to interpret blueprints and other project documents, including but not limited to specifications, reporting, and quality requirements. Must know the universal communications color codes
- Must be able to use hands to finger, handle or feel; reach with hands and arms; talk; hear; sit; stoop; kneel; crouch or crawl; climb or balance; stand; walk; lift or move up to 30 pounds and occasionally lift or move up to 100 pounds; work overhead and in cramped quarters. Good vision required.
- Must be 18 years or older, have dependable transportation to job sites, pass a physical and drug screening, and be authorized to work in the United States.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Work Environment/AAP/EEO Statements
While performing this job, the employee is frequently exposed to fumes or airborne particles, moving mechanical parts, and vibration. Occasionally exposure to a variety of extreme conditions at construction job sites occurs. The noise level in the work environment and job sites can be loud. The performance of work happens in outside weather conditions. Mitigate these hazards or stop work until conditions improve when applicable. Must be able to perform the essential functions of the position, with or without accommodation. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status.
Colorado Compliance: UMC, Inc. will not retaliate against any employee making a complaint or inquiring about the Company's practices regarding Colorado's Equal Pay for Equal Work Act. If you are subjected to any conduct that you believe violates this policy, you must promptly speak to, write, or otherwise contact your direct supervisor or, if the conduct involves your direct supervisor, the project manager, or human resources.
Equal Opportunity Employer