|Location||North Charleston, South Carolina|
|Date Posted||July 30, 2022|
Trades & Services
Join Our Team!
Sunbelt Rentals strives to be the customer's first choice in the equipment rental industry. From pumps to scaffolding to general construction tools, we aim to be the only call needed to outfit a job site with the proper equipment. Not only do we offer a vast fleet that ranks among the best in the industry, we pair it all with a friendly and knowledgeable staff. Our employees are our greatest asset, and although we present a comprehensive equipment offering, our expertise and service are what truly distinguish us from the competition.
We pride ourselves on investing in our workforce and offer competitive benefits, as well as extensive on-the-job training for all eligible employees.
As a highly successful national company, we are constantly looking for talented individuals to support our growth. If you are interested in pursuing a rewarding career, we invite you to review our opportunities!
JOB DESCRIPTION SUMMARY
HVAC Technician 1
Are you seeking an entrepreneurial, empowering workplace that allows you to:
• Build skills by working on a variety of makes, models & equipment
• Develop new skills for a career track in service or operation management
• Work with an incredible team of people in a safety-focused environment
Sunbelt Rentals--the fastest growing rental business in North America--is seeking an HVAC Technician 1. The HVAC Technician 1 demonstrates a level of professionalism through positive communication and appearance and provides an exemplary level of service to our customers. This role delivers portable HVAC equipment to the customer, demonstrating skills and performance in the use, operation, and repair of all company equipment. Additionally, this role works primarily in the shop to keep it organized, clean and safe and learns how to check in, clean and prepare equipment for rental support other tech staff on large jobs.
- Communicates professionally with customers, managers and sales engineers to schedule deliveries, pick-ups and service calls
- Delivers and installs rented HVAC equipment and trains the authorized operator (and/or customer) on the safe use of the equipment
- Directs customers to sign appropriate paperwork; keeps track of serial numbers
- Successfully troubleshoots the operation, function, specifications, capabilities and controls of any piece of rental equipment
- Operates company vehicle safely and follows all company safety policies
- Cleans and tests returned equipment, making sure operation and appearance are up to standards
- Completes appropriate paperwork for deliveries, pick-ups and service calls
- Installs flexible gas hose on both propane and natural gas applications
- Implements proper and safe procedures to check gas connections
- Works with managers and sales engineers to maintain accurate records and tracking of in-stock and rented equipment
- Is on call for emergency service and is available on a rotating schedule for emergency service response calls on weekends and evenings
Education & Experience:
- 1-2 years of experience in a service-related role interacting with customers
- Must possess basic math skills
- Must be mechanically inclined
- Must have a valid driver's license and clean driving record free from points
- Must be at least 21 years or older
- Must be able to work some after hours and weekend work during peak times
The physical demands of this role require bending, squatting, crouching, reaching, lifting 50 pounds or more, and working indoors/outdoors when required by the job. The above description is not a complete listing of all miscellaneous, incidental or similar duties which may be required from day to day. Reasonable accommodations may be made to comply with applicable laws. Sunbelt Rentals is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran and any other protected class.
Gear up for an exciting career!
If a current Sunbelt Rentals employee has referred you for an employment opportunity please notify them that you are applying for this position. In order for the employee to get a referral bonus they need to contact their regional recruiter.