|Location||East Chicago, Indiana|
|Date Posted||June 22, 2022|
This is the largest flat-rolled steel company and the largest iron ore pellet producer in North America. The company is vertically integrated from mining through iron making, steelmaking, rolling, finishing and downstream with hot and cold stamping of steel parts and components.
As a project engineer,you will be part of a global team making steel that goes into products that are visible all around you. The ideal candidate enjoys a hands-on, collaborative environment and is willing to seize opportunities to develop themselves. This position is located at Indiana Harbor, East Chicago.
- Fulfill the Health and Safety and Environmental responsibilities as defined in Cleveland-Cliffs' corporate policies.
- Works with plant organizations to identify and resolve operational and maintenance issues.
- Develops and prepares capital appropriations for submittal. This involves establishing project cost savings, developing detailed scopes of work, detailed cost estimates, and supervising contractors in the project implementation.
- Executes projects from inception thru implementation and start up.
- Maintains and tracks project budget and schedule and effectively communicates to management on a regular basis. Ensures that the projects come in "on budget" and are completed "on-time" while delivering project objectives.
- Determine what resources are needed (engineering firm, field services, material expediting, etc.) to accomplish the intent of the project and arrange to have them available when needed.
- In addition to capital projects, the plant engineer will execute small projects, inspections, analytics and diagnostics which help improve the efficiency, reliability and safety of the facility. Develops recommendations to achieve these desired improvements; works with maintenance and operating personnel to develop and implement solutions.
- Ability to travel to provide support to multiple facilities.
- Bachelor's Degree in Electrical or Mechanical Engineering
- 2 years project related experience within manufacturing
- Demonstrate a continuous improvement mindset.
- Knowledge of process, maintenance, and production facilities.
- Ability to work with all levels at the plant as well as technical centers.
- Ability to work in a union environment.
- Strong analytical skills.
- Strong project management skills.
- Good Written and oral communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal and presentation skills
- Genuine team approach to problem solving.
- Working knowledge of MS Office products, especially Excel
- 5 years project related experience within a steel mill