|Date Posted||August 1, 2022|
Trades & Services
Astound Broadband Powered by Wave is currently searching for a Broadband Technician I, II, or III in our Concord, CA office. This position is responsible for performing service calls and repairs, install, disconnect and complete service changes on our cable TV, Internet and phone services at customer residences.
The primary position responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
- Install video, internet, and telephone in customers premise.
- Perform repair and maintenance on multiple services including video, data and voice
- Ensure and record correct RF levels and signal quality within required specifications on active outlets.
- Educate customer on the proper use of services and equipment, including channel lineups, and how to access online help.
- Operate Company vehicle in a safe and responsible manner. Clean, maintain, stock, and secure assigned vehicle and equipment, in accordance with company policies.
- Adhere to industry specific, local, state and federal regulations, as applicable.
Our ideal candidate will possess:
- Customer service experience required.
- Broadband cable experience is a plus.
- Experience setting up a wireless network.
- Basic Networking skills and knowledge.
- Basic understanding/knowledge of internet speeds.
- Additional technical experience, i.e. setting up entertainment centers such as TV's, DVD players and gaming devices is a plus.
- Strong computer skills.
- Experience working with hand tools, power tools, drills, etc.
- Availability to work weekends, holidays, evenings and overtime as needed.
- Must have a valid driver's license and good driving record
- Work and travel in inclement weather
- Ability to carry, climb and operate extension ladder, (approx. 28 ft high and 75 pounds)
- Ability to climb poles using gaffs, hooks and climbing belt as needed
- Ability to differentiate between different sizes and colors of wires
- Ability to work while standing 50 - 70% of the time
- Ability to walk over all types of terrain in all kinds of weather while carrying tools and equipment, including gaffs, ladders, and fully loaded tool belts
- Ability to work with small components and wires to make cable connections
- Work indoors in poorly ventilated areas such as attics during extreme heat
- Exposure to dust, dirt, noise, insects, cleaning solutions
- Work outdoors in all kinds of weather and at all times of the day or night
Is this the career opportunity you ve been searching for? Yes? Then let us know about you - apply now!
- High school diploma or equivalent
Diverse Workforce / EEO:
Astound Broadband is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We embrace, support, and thrive on each other s differences to maximize the experience of our teammates and our community. We are committed to providing an environment of mutual respect where equal employment opportunities are available to all applicants and teammates without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy (including childbirth, lactation and related medical conditions), national origin, age, physical and mental disability, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information (including characteristics and testing), military and veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor s legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)