|Date Posted||June 10, 2021|
Instrumentation & Controls Engineer
DPS is looking for a driven and team-oriented Instrumentation & Controls Engineer to join a competitive, driven and fun team of engineers and technical professionals with a strong focus on design excellence, customer satisfaction and integrity. We are looking for an individual with a strong understanding of the engineering lifecycle related to Control and Automation System Design in clean room, laboratories, biotech, pharma, and life sciences industries. Responsibilities:
- Strong understanding of engineering lifecycle related to Automation and Controls deliverables.
- Work directly with lead engineers to develop technical strategy and deliverables for Biotech and Pharmaceutical client projects.
- Responsibilities will include demonstrated understanding of controls for fermenters, bioreactors, centrifuge, UF/DF skids, viral filtration, chromatography, and other Biotech Pharmaceutical process equipment.
- Ability to coordinate and interact effectively with project managers, vendors, and engineers across multiple disciplines such as Process Engineering, MEP, etc.
- Identifying deliverables, defining requirements, creating design documents and contributing to design reports.
- Develop technical controls specifications/strategies and network architecture design.
- Chemical Engineering or Electrical Engineering majors.
- Controls/Systems Engineering experience involving: DCS, PLC, MES, SCADA, bus technologies, Ethernet/IP
- Previous experience working in the Biotech/Pharma, Chemical, Food or other process industries.
- Thorough knowledge of P&IDs, Instrumentation, and Automation system hardware
- Knowledge of CIP, SIP, and process utilities control systems
- Strongly motivated, well-organized, and shows professional initiative.
- Takes ownership of assignments, can work both independently and as part of the team.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced and challenging environment.
- Excellent organization skills with the ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Software.
DPS is a leading Project Management and Engineering Company serving industry around the world for 45 years. Our reputation is based on forming successful partnerships with our clients, providing them with innovative designs and cost effective solutions in the context of sound judgment, strong management and technical excellence. We provide Full Service Engineering for our clients including Project and Program Management, Procurement, Design, and Construction Management, Health & Safety Management, Commissioning, Qualification and Start-up.