|Date Posted||August 2, 2021|
Auto req ID
Volvo Construction Equipment
This is an intern position in Volvo CE Shippensburg. The intern will work with scrum teams in technology department to develop new road machinery products, maintain current products, and support products in the field.
Roles of Job:
Candidate will have the opportunity to work with experienced engineers in an agile engineering environment scrum. Candidate will have exposure to all aspects of engineering of road machines: Structure, Powertrain, Electric, and Hydraulic. Candidate would work with other cross-functional teams to insure completion of tasks and projects. These cross-functional teams could be local or global, hence a high cultural IQ would be a good asset.
Main Tasks / Responsibilities / Authorities:
- Work with scrum teams to secure on-time, quality, and cost effective project deliverables
- Create and update Schematics, harnesses, and power cables in Saber
- Create and update CAD Models, Part Drawings, and Installation Drawings
- Build and run simulations models
- Verify component placement and packaging with surrounding vehicle components
- Release components and assemblies in a formal engineering process for new product development, as well as, current product maintenance
- Track and secure build parts for prototype, line and field issues
- Work with suppliers and purchasing team to ensure compliance with part specs and quality standards
- Support building and testing of prototype machines
- Support resolving machine current production and field issues
- Team player
- Good communicator
- Critical thinker
- Problem solver
- Self-motivated to get the job done
- Understanding electrical concepts of machine controls, electrical motors, and batteries technology
- Experience with Simulink or other MATLAB based programming environments
- Programing in C or C++
- Developing Schematics, preferably using Saber Schematic
- Modelling with CAD tools, preferably CREO Parametric
- Understanding the basics of SW and HW integrations
- Trouble shooting
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE & EXPERIENCE:
- Education/Professional Qualifications required for the position:
- Applicants must be currentlyenrolled andpursuing a computer or an electrical engineeringdegree at an accredited university and have completed 30 undergraduate credithours
- Applicants must have a minimum cumulative grade point average of 3.0
- Previous experience working on electrified and automated vehicles is a plus
Additional Important Requirements:
- Electrification and automation knowledge through work experience or school projects
- Dependability/Reliability: Follow through on commitments, timely delivery on assigned tasks.
- Energetic with keen interest to learning new and different areas of engineering.
- Teamwork: Building cooperation among individuals and cross-functional departments, sharing information and resources, and working to achieve scrum team goals.
- Attention to Detail.
- Communication: Effective listening, open to feedback, clear, accurate, and timely information sharing.
- Flexibility: Willing to perform a wide range of tasks, adapt to changes in directions and priorities, and take on new challenges, responsibilities, and assignments.
- Ability to relocate to Shippensburg, PA for duration of internship
- At times may lift materials weighing up to 40 pounds
- Summer Interns are required to work up to 40 hours per week
Intern: Electrical Engineer (Fall 2021)
The Volvo Group drives prosperity through transport solutions, offering trucks, buses, construction equipment, power solutions for marine and industrial applications, financing and services that increase our customers uptime and productivity. Founded in 1927, the Volvo Group is committed to shaping the future landscape of sustainable transport and infrastructure solutions. Countless career opportunities are offered across the groups leading brands and entities that share a culture of Trust, Passion, High Performance, Change and Customer Success.
Volvo Construction Equipment is a global company driven by passion, curiosity and by our purpose: to build the world we want to live in. We believe that only through imagination and teamwork can we develop a world that is cleaner, smarter and more connected. Our company culture reflects this belief through the care and trust it places in our customers, employees and suppliers. People are at the heart of our business. It is through our strong network of talented, enquiring and innovative minds that we have been able to pave the way towards a more sustainable future. The global construction industry is our arena and our employees are our greatest assets.
We can only continue to stand out as industry leaders through the people driving us forwards. Come be a part of our team and help us build tomorrow.
Last application date
State / Province
US Disclaimer text
Volvo Group North America is an Equal Opportunity Employer
We Participate in E-verify
- provided by Dice