|Location||Elmira, New York|
|Date Posted||July 31, 2022|
Trades & Services
Performs routine repetitive tasks under close supervision. May work in patient care areas, dietary service office, main kitchen, atrium dining room or tray room. Maintains cleanliness and sanitation of work area.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Receives written as well as oral instructions concerning the type, quantity, methods and timing for portioning, and service of foods and supplies.
2. Functions as dietary aide in main kitchen or tray room.
3. Portions and serves food according to specification of supervisor.
4. Maintains cleanliness and neatness of entire work area including the equipment utilized, and appropriate work storage area.
5. Is responsible for the storage of foods and leftovers and the avoidance of food waste.
6. Follows sanitation codes and other applicable regulations concerning handling of food and equipment, and working area.
7. Distributes dietary carts (meals) to assigned nursing units.
8. Records telephone messages as required.
9. Promotes and fosters the mission and philosophy of the Hospital during performance of job duties and community activities.
10. Actively supports and participates in Hospital's Performance Improvement endeavors.
11. Performs other related duties as assigned.
12. Is responsible for attending all annual mandatory educational programs as required by position.
13. Employee understands and demonstrates the importance of satisfying the needs of the customer/patient by interacting with him/her in a friendly and caring way, being attentive to the customer's needs, both psychologically and physically, and by taking the initiative to maintain communication with the customer in order to provide a secure and pleasant experience with the Arnot Health.
14. It is understood that this job description lists typical duties for the classification and is not to be considered inclusive of all duties which may be assigned.
1. Willingness to work for best interest of the institution.
2. Ability to work cooperatively with others.
3. Works under supervision, but some initiative is needed to maintain work flow and keep area clean and sanitary.
4. Willingness to work with realization that errors may result in serious consequences to patients.
5. Courtesy and tact in handling telephone calls and in inter-relations with other Hospital Departments.
6. Able to maintain confidentiality of patients, medical diagnosis, treatment, and other similar information.
A student currently enrolled in high school. Ability to read, write, speak, and follow oral and written directions as well as do simple mathematical calculations. Worker receives training in nutrition and therapeutic diets, sanitation and hygiene.
Experience is not required. Worker receives on-the-job training in particular assignment. Willingness to learn is essential.
CARDIOPULMONARY RESUSCITATION (CPR) REQUIREMENTS:
No CPR required.
This job requires a person who is able to be on their feet for long periods of time. Reaches, lifts, stoops, and carries food and kitchen equipment. Subject to frequent interruptions.
Category III: Tasks that involve no exposure to blood, body fluids, or tissues. And Category I tasks are not a condition of employment.
A.D.A Essential Functions