|Location||San Antonio, Texas|
|Date Posted||July 31, 2022|
Trades & Services
Job Location: 51097 San Antonio,TX - San Antonio, TX
Position Type: Full Time
Salary Range: $48,300.00 - $72,600.00
Travel Percentage: Negligible
Job Shift: Day Shift
Job Category: Transportation
Join the industry leader and be at home with KAG! From beginners to skilled leaders, we accept all levels. Let's be real, our fleet mechanics keep us truckin' - literally!KAG is now seeking to hire a Lead Fleet Mechanic.
Here are some of the benefits of joining our company:
- Pay: $48,300 - $72,600/year (based on experience)
- Opportunities for growth with extensive onsite paid training
- Guaranteed Pay Increases with completion of training programs and verified prior experience
- $150 Boot Allowance
- $250 Semi-Annual Tool Allowance after one year of service (up to $500 Annually)
- Benefits Available (Medical/Dental/Vision/401K Match)
- Paid Vacation and Holidays
Essential FunctionsAll fleet mechanic positions will be required to perform vehicle maintenance & repair duties safely and accurately in and around the shop operations in a fast-paced environment.
- Lead Fleet Mechanic will help to oversee all shop operations and become qualified as necessary with appropriate certifications to perform new technology evaluations, diagnosis, and repairs. They will learn and become proficient utilizing the company's maintenance software program to create and complete work orders and maintain work order/vehicle maintenance records. They will also train/assist other technicians in performing preventive/repair of facilities and equipment to include trucks, tractors, and trailers.
Requirements for all Positions:
- Basic computer knowledge
- Basic set of technician tools - in accordance with KAG list
Requirements for Lead Fleet Mechanic Positions:
- Valid Driver's License
- Minimum 5 years of experience in heavy-duty vehicle maintenance/repair
- Holds a current Air Brake Certification in compliance with FMSCR 396.25 or has at least 1 year of verifiable experience with the ability to obtain Air Brake Certification through KAG
- Currently certified as a (DOT) commercial motor vehicle inspector in compliance with FMSCR or has at least 1 year of verifiable experience under a qualified inspector with the ability to obtain (DOT) commercial motor vehicle inspector certification through KAG
- EPA 609 certification (Motor Vehicle Air Conditioning Repair)
- Prior Management Experience preferred
Kenan Advantage Group, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. No person will be discriminated against in any aspect of their employment on the basis of any status or characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local law: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities and skills required of associates so classified. Management retains the right to assign or reassign duties at any time. Job description is subject to change. All employees of the Company are expected to:
- Promote positive work habits including effective and timely communication, teamwork and respect for co-workers.
- Provide constructive guidance to other employees and representatives of third parties.
- Contribute to providing the highest quality of products and services to customers.