|Date Posted||August 2, 2021|
Trades & Services
Thursday, June 17, 2021
As a Fortune 500 company, Packaging Corporation of America (PCA) is an ideas and solutions company. Our corrugated packaging business seeks to be the leader in helping our customers - large and small - package, transport and display products of all kinds. Our white paper business delivers Paper With Purpose by providing the highest level of customer service and operational excellence. We have approximately 15,000 team members in more than 100 locations in the United States that strive to meet the local needs of our customers. Our mission is to serve the needs of our customers, today and tomorrow, with products and services that exceed expectations for performance and environmental responsibility.
People • Customers • Trust
To repair and maintain equipment and machinery in order to promote disruption free production and zero defect and rework for quality of the products.
Industrial Maintenance Mechanic Job Responsibilities:
- Maintains safe and clean working environment by complying with safety procedures, rules, and regulations
- Ensures proper operation of machinery and equipment by completing preventative maintenance activities on mechanical, hydraulic, and pneumatic systems. Must be able to troubleshoot machinery by following diagrams, sketches, operations manuals, manufacturer's instructions, and engineering specifications
- Locates sources of problems by observing mechanical devices in operation, listening for problems, using precision measuring and testing instruments
- Removes defective parts by dismantling devices, using hoists, cranes, hand and power tools, examining form and texture of parts
- Determines changes in dimensional requirements of parts by inspecting used parts, using calipers, micrometers, and other measuring instruments
- Adjusts functional parts of devices and control instruments by using hand tools, levels, plumb bobs, and straight edges
- Must be able to weld, grind, and torch
- Prepares mechanical maintenance reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing information and trends
- Work with a sense of urgency to reduce downtime of machine
- Ability to work any shift, overtime, and weekends as needed
- Salary will be based on skills and aptitude
- Preventive, predictive, corrective, and reactive maintenance
- Proficient in using power tools, welder, grinder, torch, caliper, micrometer, saws of any kind and etc.
- Must pay attention to Detail and be a problem solver with analytical thinking flexibility
- Be able to adjust, align, and level machinery and components
- Basic familiarity with computers and electronic instruments
- Follow all company safety rules and lock-out tag-out procedures
- Corrugating industry experience is a plus
- 2 to 5 years of practical application experience in mechanical, electrical, hydraulic and pneumatic maintenance functions
- Boiler License preferred, but not required
All qualified applicants must apply at Careers.packagingcorp.com to be considered.
PCA is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Veterans/Disabled and other protected categories.
- Pay Type Hourly
- Min Hiring Rate $23.46
- Max Hiring Rate $36.88