|Date Posted||August 14, 2021|
DESTACO, a Dover Company, is a global leader in the design and manufacture of high-performance automation, workholding, and remote handling solutions. The company serves customers in variety of end-markets, including the automotive, life sciences, consumer goods, packaging, aerospace, and nuclear sectors.
Built on a legacy of over 100 years, DESTACO offers a comprehensive portfolio of products to engineer precise movement, placement and control solutions that drive productivity and uptime for manufacturers around the world. The DESTACO family of products consists of industry-leading brands such as DESTACO Manual and Power Clamps, Camco and Ferguson Indexers, Robohand Grippers and CRL Manipulators and Transfer Ports.
DESTACO is based in Auburn Hills, Michigan, and operates globally through ~800 employees across 13 locations.
Dover is a diversified global manufacturer with annual revenues of $7 billion. The company delivers innovative equipment and components, specialty systems, and support services through four major operating segments: Energy, Engineered Systems, Fluids, and Refrigeration & Food Equipment. Headquartered in Downers Grove, Illinois, Dover trades on the New York Stock Exchange under "DOV."
The Maintenance Technician is responsible for the installation and maintenance of equipment. Responsibilities include inspection, lubrication, preventive/predictive maintenance, reacting to unplanned maintenance needs for production equipment, and general maintenance of utilities, buildings and grounds. This position reports to the Maintenance Supervisor.
Essential Job Functions:
- Develops and enhances maintenance methods and procedures.
- Will work with other groups and individuals to promote a team environment.
- Involved in the quality, inspection, assembly, integration, testing and installation of equipment.
- Maintains documentation, such as test histories and ensure they are complete and update to date.
- Analyzes and solves electrical and mechanical problems limiting productive capacity of equipment.
- Makes recommendations to modify or replace equipment when necessary to support demand or improve productivity.
- Performs all work in a manner that ensures the safety of self and others, paying particular attention to lock out / tag out requirements.
- Responsible for the Environmental Management System functions as identified in the maintenance schedule, or as assigned.
- Possesses basic math and problem solving abilities.
- Ensures that all responsibilities and functions performed are in accordance with company policy/procedures and meet required quality standards.
- Monitors workmanship and work instructions to ensure compliance with the Quality System.
- Conducts all preventative maintenance.
- Assists operators and machinist as required.
- Advises supervisor of conduct that may violate rules, policies, and procedures.
- Familiar with performing machine PM'S
- Familiar with PM and work order software
- Ability to troubleshoot older Fanuc and Siemens controls desirable
- Other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities (KSA's):
- Safety - Understands safe operation of equipment, tools and PPE. Recognizes potential for dangerous situations; uses safe work practices. Utilizes behavior based safety methods to sustain a safe working environment.
- Ethics and Work Standards - Maintain the highest ethical and work standards, while promoting the same attributes in co-workers and others.
- Communication - Expresses thoughts clearly, both orally and in writing, using good grammar. Listens to understand input, feedback and concerns. Provides complete information in an open, honest and straightforward manner. Responds promptly and positively to questions and requests.
- Teamwork/Relationships - Works with other employees willingly and in a spirit of cooperation and teamwork. Supports cooperation. Demonstrates a commitment to the entire business and is supportive of all initiatives (company and departmental) to help grow the business. Cooperates fully with others to achieve organizational goals. Is tactful, courteous, and considerate. Embraces a positive outlook. Is respected and trusted by others.
- Continual Improvement and Problem Resolution - Identifies and communicates suggestions for work improvements. Works with others to develop solutions which meet company-wide needs and objectives. Applies a sense of urgency to resolve problems or creates opportunities that will increase productivity and create value. Shares best practices with other employees.
- Accountability - Accepts responsibility regarding projects/programs/duties as outlined in this job description. Advises supervisor of concerns, problems and progress of work in a timely manner.
- Minimum 5 years' experience working in a manufacturing environment
- Background must include experience with CNC machines and PLC's
- Familiarity with electrical, hydraulic and pneumatic systems
Education and Certification Qualifications:
- High school diploma or equivalent education or experience
Physical Requirements: (To be met with or without accommodations)
- Ability to lift up to 40 pounds
- Stand 10 hours a day
- Good manual dexterity
- Eye hand coordination and attention to detail
- Ability to bend, twist and turn
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability, age, genetic information, or any other factors prohibited by law.
This position may be located in: Americas : United States : Illinois : Wheeling
Sub Division : Industrial Motion Controls, LLC
Job Requisition ID : 37491