|Date Posted||August 28, 2021|
US2160 Sysco Guest Supply, LLC
Ensures the repair and maintenance of equipment, building, and grounds necessary to maintain maximum production efficiency and quality of Gilchrist & Soames products and services. This position is primarily responsible for maintenance and troubleshooting within our liquid filling operation and manufacturing departments in support of the production schedule. This position exhibits a high degree of latitude in the prioritization of production issues with a focus on process improvement through machine/industrial maintenance and mechanical engineering.
Friday through Sunday
12 hour shift
5:00 AM - 5:00 PM
$25 - $28.00 per hour DOE
- PLC, motor controls & industrial electricity diagnostics & repair on automated equipment motors, VFDs, control centers, electrical panels, conveyors, vibratory systems, labeling machines, packaging machines, etc
- Machine repair on automated machines using hand tools, shop tools, welders, etc
- Hydraulic / Pneumatic diagnostics and repair: pumps, cylinders, valves, piping, etc
- Parts ordering and inventory parts usage, vendor communications utilizing CMMS / work order systems
- Able to learn fast / train operators and support staff on equipment solutions/resolutions
- Conduct process equipment diagnostics
- Some facilities maintenance systems responsibilities
- Positive attitude and excellent attendance necessary
- Assists and supports Production line operations/maintenance as requested
- Performs other duties as assigned
- Minimum of 3 years of industrial maintenance experience including equipment installation, diagnostics, and repair utilizing industrial shop tools and equipment - high-speed packaging/ bottling experience strongly desired
- At least 1-year electrical controls experience with an emphasis on industrial electricity utilizing digital voltmeters, amp probes, and electrical schematics
- PLC experience a plus.
- Complete understanding and experience with Lock Out/Tag Out procedures and Safety Environmental compliance
- Pneumatic/hydraulic systems repair and diagnostics preferred
- Preference on CMMS and work order, parts inventory maintenance system experience
- Previous experience with building maintenance, construction, plumbing, and/or painting
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Good written and oral interpersonal communication skills
- Ability to balance multiple tasks and perform in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to work with others in a team setting
- Good organizational skills
- Ability to work with little supervision
- Good troubleshooting skills helpful
- Familiar with OSHA requirements
Candidates who start work in the months of May, June, July and August 2021 may be eligible for medical and prescription drug plan coverage effective on their date of hire*. Standard eligibility rules and timelines apply to all other Sysco benefits, including additional healthcare benefits options, retirement benefits, vacation, and paid sick leave. Please visit to view additional benefits information. *Exceptions/exclusions may apply
HOW WE PROTECT OUR ASSOCIATES
- Personal protective equipment and masks provided
- Temperature screenings
- Social distancing guidelines in place
- Sanitizing, disinfecting, and cleaning procedures in place
Sysco is the global leader in foodservice distribution. With over 57,000 associates and a fleet of over 13,000 vehicles, Sysco operates approximately 326 distribution facilities worldwide and serves more than 625,000 customer locations.
We offer our associates the opportunity to grow personally and professionally, to contribute to the success of a dynamic organization, and to serve others in a manner that exceeds their expectations. We're looking for talented, hard-working individuals to join our team. Come grow with us and let us show you why Sysco is at the heart of food and service.
AFFIRMATIVE ACTION STATEMENT:
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States.
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer, and consider qualified applicants without regard to race, color, creed, religion, ancestry, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, veteran status or any other protected factor under federal, state or local law.
This opportunity is available through Sysco Corporation, its subsidiaries and affiliates.