|Location||Warwick, Rhode Island|
|Date Posted||August 1, 2022|
Basic Function: The maintenance technician is responsible for the completion of preventative and routine service requests and apartment turns per multifamily housing industry standards. This individual offers exceptional customer service to residents and assistance to on-site vendors. This position requires flexibility for on-call emergency maintenance rotation and response for inclement weather clean-up. This role provides maintenance support to the Maintenance Supervisor and Facilities Superintendent, as directed within abilities of scope of responsibilities. Responsibilities: Maintenance
- Performs a full range of facility maintenance duties to maintain mechanical, electrical, plumbing, carpentry, painting, HVAC, and special systems including repair and refurbishing interior fixtures, furnishings, and equipment.
- Manages intake and completion of resident service requests per industry standards and facilities maintenance procedures.
- Maintains awareness of building maintenance systems and identifies issues to maintenance supervisor or facilities superintendent. Assists to resolve facilities maintenance repairs as directed.
- Completes supportive services requests including; hanging pictures, installing shelves, assembling, or removing of furniture, etc. as directed.
- Completes apartment turns per industry standard and facilities maintenance procedures.
- Assists maintenance supervisor as needed with tasks.
- Understands OSHA compliance and ensures that all safety regulations are adhered to.
- Works in collaboration with the facilities team to ensure that custodial maintenance is complete throughout the community grounds and common areas.
- Provides emergency maintenance response during non-business hours on rotating schedule.
- Provides inclement weather response such as snow removal during non-business hours on as needed basis.
Statement of Relation: This position reports to the Maintenance Supervisor of Shalom / Shalom II Apartments. Qualifications: The maintenance technician must possess the skills necessary to complete routine apartment-home repairs including; plumbing, electrical, appliance, carpentry, etc. Can independently manage assigned tasks while working alongside supervisor and team members. Must follow safe work practices and complete quality work efficiently. Exhibits physical and mental capabilities in following direction and completing assigned tasks relative to the position. Demonstrates the ability to independently and without aid, lift a minimum of 50 pounds and push/pull a minimum of 300 pounds. An ideal candidate will have 3-5 years experience in multi-family housing maintenance and understand site mechanical systems, i.e., boilers and elevators to assist vendors in routine maintenance or repairs. Shalom /Shalom II Apartments provides affordable housing with supportive services for low-income seniors in our community. This individual must have a caring and helpful spirit in line with the mission of our agency, Jewish Collaborative Services. This position will provide additional supportive assistance to our current residents beyond facilities preventive and routine maintenance requests. Classification: Hourly support staff "The Shalom affordable housing complex opened in 1980 and includes Shalom and Shalom II Apartments. Each building offers supportive living with services for seniors and the mobility impaired. The apartments are located on a landscaped, 8.6-acre site in suburban Warwick. Shalom s reputation has grown both locally and nationally as a model for supportive affordable housing. Both Shalom and Shalom II have earned a superior rating from the U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development. Shalom offers competitive salaries and a full range of benefits. EOE" Report to: Maintenance Superintendent
Jewish Collaborative Services of Rhode Island (In July of 2018, Jewish Family Service and Jewish Seniors Agency merged to become Jewish Collaborative Services- JCS) offers senior care, counseling, adoption services, meal and emergency assistance, and other services to individuals and families in Rhode Island and nearby Massachusetts communities. Although our service is based on core Jewish values of respect, family, community, healing, and humanity, we serve all in need regardless of religious affiliation.