|Date Posted||January 11, 2022|
Maintenance Technician Job Description
The Maintenance Technician reports directly to the Maintenance Supervisor. It is essential that the Maintenance Technician report to work at his/her regularly scheduled work hours. The Maintenance Technician must be able to walk the property on a regular and as-needed basis in order to perform his/her job duties. The Maintenance Technician must have the physical capability to walk all around the property (including stairs), lift heavy items, and otherwise perform a variety of physical tasks. The duties of this position include; but are not limited to the following:
The Maintenance Technician is responsible for the prompt and efficient performance of all tasks assigned by the Property Manager and Maintenance Supervisor for continuous self-improvement of skills and expertise. A willingness to accept and follow the directions of others is required, as is a working knowledge of HVAC systems and various appliances, stoves, dishwashers, disposals and refrigerators. Some familiarity with electricity, plumbing, and carpentry is also required. The Maintenance Technician is also expected to have his/her own tools.
1. Observe the condition of the apartment complex including buildings, grounds, tenant units, and all other facilities. Perform the maintenance/repair/improvement of same as directed by the Community Manager.
2. The Maintenance Technician must maintain a valid driver's license.
3. Maintaining a professional image and attitude and demanding the same of his/her staff. It is his/her duty to insist that the decorum of the employees in his/her charge is in keeping with the objectives of the company.
4. Reporting to the Maintenance Supervisor each morning and as requested, for work assignments.
5. Advising the Maintenance Supervisor of maintenance problems and of programs designed to solve them.
6. Making recommendations to the Maintenance Supervisor for the purchase of supplies, equipment and services. The Maintenance Technician will maintain an inventory of frequently used parts and replacement items and will order to re-stock inventory on the first of each month in accordance with amounts and items approved by the Community Manager.
7. Meeting daily with the Community Manager and giving daily written reports of work completed, including all service requests and inspections sheets.
8. Establishing daily work schedules for his/her staff and monitoring their production, efficiency and the materials used.
9. Satisfying service requests promptly (within twenty-four hours) and efficiently. If unusual circumstances make this impossible, the resident must be informed of the reasons for the delay.
10. Keeping a permanent record of the service requests received.
11. Observing the condition of any occupied apartment entered and reporting unusual circumstances to the Community Manager; for example, uncleanliness, size and number of pets, appearance of floors, appliances, walls, light fixtures, etc.
12. Strictly observing company policy with regard to service requests, Budget Control sheets, and Purchase Order policies and procedures.
13. Making all purchases in the name of the property. Any exceptions will be authorized by the Community Manager.
14. Exercising control over maintenance expenditures.
15. Maintaining the maintenance of exterior lighting, gutters, down-spouts, roofs and flashing, roadways, walks, swimming pools, laundry facilities, recreation areas, buildings and grounds.
16. Maintaining the policing of the property and dumpster areas morning, evening and on weekends.
17. Knowing the location of all water, gas and power turnoffs, clean-out traps, fire hydrants, and fire extinguishers. Having available telephone numbers of the police, ambulance service, fire department, power, gas and water companies.
18. Establishing and executing a regular preventive maintenance schedule for cleaning of furnaces and A/C coils, oiling motors and circulating pumps, exterior painting, changing of filters, replacing of light bulbs in public areas, maintaining swimming pool and pump rooms, and the water heating equipment, boiler rooms and chiller equipment.
19. Knowing current condition of all vacancies.
20. Participating in the hiring of maintenance personnel.
21. Holding classes for the maintenance staff, as needed, to improve their efficiency.
22. Keeping accurate and up-to-date inventory of tools and supplies.
23. Stripping any discarded appliances or equipment of any usable parts.
24. Recording the serial numbers of appliances in each apartment.
25. Maintaining a clean, orderly, secure workshop.
26. Ensuring that the maintenance staff thinks and works safely.
27. Leaving notices in resident's apartments which state reasons for entrance and an explanation of any work performed.
28. Performing make-ready tasks in turnover units as directed.
29. Ensures proper stocking of First Aid Kit and other medical and safety supplies as necessary.
30. Coordinates after hours on-call service.
31. Work hours are set by the Regional Manager. No changes without supervisors approval.
32. Must be able to lift up to 50 pounds at a time.
In addition, the Maintenance Technician will perform all other duties as may be assigned by the Community Manager or other supervisor.