|Date Posted||August 2, 2021|
Boehringer Ingelheim Fremont is the rapidly growing US arm of Boehringer Ingelheim's Biologics Business Unit. We are a fully integrated biologics operation with over 500 scientist and specialists, covering cutting edge early- to late stage CMC development, clinical and commercial drug substance and drug product manufacturing, medical device assembly for combination products and packaging operations.
We are continuing our rapid growth, investing over $200m into the expansion of our capacity and capabilities, and creating approximately 200 new jobs.
Driving this growth is an exciting pipeline of multiple Boehringer Ingelheim novel biologic entities (NBEs) and biosimilars, as well as, a growing diverse portfolio of therapeutics we develop and manufacture for other leading pharma and biotech companies. This includes multiple commercial product launches planned over the next couple of years, for which we can tap into Boehringer Ingelheim's unique experience of having brought 30+ biologics to market globally.
Leveraging our diverse talent pool, we are also driving technology and innovation globally, through major investment and collaborations into next generation manufacturing platforms and technologies, which may change how biologics will be made in the future.
Whether we work on our own products, help partners to bring their products to market or innovate new technologies and approaches - Everything we do, we do to help patients!
Provides technical support, assistance in coordinating maintenance work activities, and follows established priorities to ensure maintenance needs are met. Ability to trouble shoot across most site mechanical technologies. Resolves issues and improves operations by making necessary logic changes, recommending and executing equipment upgrades and assists in developing new processes and procedures. Also performs maintenance and associated corrective actions on production, facility, and utility equipment.
As an employee of Boehringer Ingelheim, you will actively contribute to the discovery, development and delivery of our products to our patients and customers. Our global presence provides opportunity for all employees to collaborate internationally, offering visibility and opportunity to directly contribute to the companies' success. We realize that our strength and competitive advantage lie with our people. We support our employees in a number of ways to foster a healthy working environment, meaningful work, diversity and inclusion, mobility, networking and work-life balance. Our competitive compensation and benefit programs reflect Boehringer Ingelheim's high regard for our employees.
Duties & Responsibilities\:
- Performs maintenance on site equipment and systems according to detailed work instructions, including some unique and highly complex assets. Records results in Enterprise Asset Management System. Identifies out-of-scope conditions and performs corrective actions. Communicates results as required by SOP and lead identification of root cause and remediation of failures.
- Maintains equipment by providing troubleshooting to ensure equipment performance is reliable and meets expectations. This not only includes adjusting, repairing, and replacing components on mechanical equipment and systems. Performs preventive, corrective, or emergency work orders and respond to service calls while the plant is in operation, which may include off-shift periods and weekends. Corrective work may include replacing electrical or powered component, including multiple phase motors. Assists in the troubleshooting to better understand deviations from proper operation. Helps execute test protocols either independently or developed by Engineering and under their direction, depending on the complexity for the scope.
- Maintains and ensures documentation, both written and electronic, is accurate, complete and factual as required by policies, procedures, and regulatory guidelines. Documents activities supporting maintenance best practices to ensure that continuous improvement activities have adequate and reliable data for analysis. Reviews and analyzes measurement data collected by self or others in order to ensure proper documentation, adherence to procedures, and proper use of standards and references.
- Executes test protocols developed by self or others (Reliability and/or Engineers) in support of the qualification of new and existing equipment.
- Ensures equipment/system documentation requirements are completely and properly documented in the Enterprise Asset Management System (EAM). Supports development of training material and provide training to other technicians or contractors in maintenance concepts and procedures.
- Reviews and provides final approval (closing) on technician work orders. Develops or guides the development of metrics and information to be used in root cause analysis (RCA) meetings. Actively participates in and RCA meetings to identify and resolve calibration and equipment issues on a real time basis and improve business performance.
- High School Diploma (or equivalent).
- Experience in related technology\: instrumentation, measurement, control, and /or troubleshooting.
- Minimum of two (2) years' experience with a demonstrated understanding of mechanical methodology, advanced maintenance and repair of mechanical equipment/systems and troubleshooting.
- Understanding of equipment start-up and project support
- Working knowledge of schematics, P&ID drawings, and ISA symbols & numbering.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively maintain, troubleshoot and repair mechanical systems and equipment
- Requires electrical, mechanical and technical aptitude.
- Good written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability and willingness to maintain accurate records.
- Demonstrated ability to learn and apply all relevant Work Instructions and Standard Operating Procedures and other regulatory requirements.
- Attention to detail, safety, quality and customer requirements.
- Demonstrate a high level of personal motivation and initiative.
- Ability to adapt and be flexible with daily work assignment changes as well as a continuously improving work environment.
- Ability to make decisions within the scope of operating policies and procedures.
- Physical Demands / Surroundings - Working conditions include being outside in any weather condition, climbing stairs and ladders, working in awkward positions, working in sterile areas with proper gowning and aseptically cleaned equipment, working in and around equipment containing hazardous chemicals, including toxic substances while wearing proper respiratory protection and personal protective equipment, and working in areas of elevated temperatures such as boiler rooms. Manually lifting components, parts, equipment, and tools is a normal and routine part of the job. Items over 50 pounds, generally, are lifted with mechanical assistance or help from co-workers. On occasion, heavier lifts without assistance are necessary due to the confines of the workspace.
- Visual Demands - Must be able to read and see clearly.
- Attendance / Schedule - Attendance requirements are based on BIFI general attendance policies.
- Compliance to company policies, gowning, SOPs, cGMPs, documentation and training requirements, etc.
- Would be responsible for following proper safety protocols and acceptable work standards.
- Ability to work off-shifts and weekends due to business needs.
- Ability to be on-call and available on site within set time guidelines.
Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without restriction.
Must be willing to take a drug test and post-offer physical (if required)
Must be 18 years of age or older
Who We Are\:
At Boehringer Ingelheim we create value through innovation with one clear goal\: to improve the lives of patients. We develop breakthrough therapies and innovative healthcare solutions in areas of unmet medical need for both humans and animals. As a family owned company we focus on long term performance. We are powered by 50.000 employees globally who nurture a diverse, collaborative and inclusive culture. Learning and development for all employees is key because your growth is our growth.
Want to learn more? Visit boehringer-ingelheim.com and join us in our effort to make more health.
Boehringer Ingelheim, including Boehringer Ingelheim Pharmaceuticals, Inc., Boehringer Ingelheim USA, Boehringer Ingelheim Animal Health USA Inc., Boehringer Ingelheim Animal Health Puerto Rico LLC and Boehringer Ingelheim Fremont, Inc. is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer committed to a culturally diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race; color; creed; religion; national origin; age; ancestry; citizenship status, marital, domestic partnership or civil union status; gender, gender identity or expression; affectional or sexual orientation; pregnancy, childbirth or related medical condition; physical or psychiatric disability; veteran or military status; domestic violence victim status; genetic information (including the refusal to submit to genetic testing) or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local law.