|Date Posted||September 24, 2022|
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Deliver on the promise of Sonesta Service in all interactions with guests and clients according to the Sonesta G.U.E.S.T. standards.
- Take responsibility for and inform management of hazardous situations, emergencies or threats to the security of guests, associates or hotel assets.
- Complete work orders such as replacing ceiling titles, filters, light bulbs, patching vinyl, painting, repairs to pipe lines, toilets, sinks, kitchen and laundry equipment, etc. Perform preventative maintenance duties as assigned.
- Monitor efficiency of equipment and electrical systems such as air conditioning controls, guests entrance/access doors, television sets, and lighting systems; make minor repairs and/or replacements to ensure proper operation and maximum efficiency.
- Refurbish furniture and fixtures such as cabinets, tables, chairs, doors, windows, counters. Paint and finish furniture and fixtures in guest rooms, if needed.
- Maintain the safety and cleanliness of exterior of the facility, grounds, pool and exercise/sport facilities (including property signs, lighting and snow removal).
- Follow procedures that ensure the security of inventory and assets such as tools, supplies, equipment, furniture, televisions, etc.
- Maintain front entrance area, parking lot, and street entrance in a clean and presentable manner.
- Ensure that assigned equipment is prepared and operational for the following day's work.
- Perform maintenance and repair work on the interior and exterior of buildings, hotels rooms and contents, laundry and kitchen/refrigeration equipment, lighting, heating, air conditioning (HVAC), ventilation, and water treatment systems, and swimming pool (if applicable), etc.
- Perform preventive maintenance as outlined in the PM Works program. May include and is not limited to: Inspect building, furniture, bathrooms, guest rooms, and all equipment to ensure it is functioning properly and efficiently, read and record mechanical and other meters to ensure effective energy management, and maintain inspection log and records of scheduled work and repairs.
- Promote teamwork and quality service through daily communication and coordination with other departments.
- Comply with federal, state and local laws regarding health, and safety services.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
QUALIFICATIONS AND REQUIREMENTS:
- Advanced vocational training plus two years of experience in general building maintenance or construction, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Previous background from the extended stay industry or apartment building maintenance preferred.
- Knowledge of basic plumbing, carpentry, electricity, and equipment mechanics.
- Ability to speak, read, and write fluent English; other languages beneficial.
- Reading and writing abilities are required in order to receive instructions for the day and/or to read equipment manuals including safety information.
- Mathematical skills, including basic math, budgeting, profit/loss concepts, percentages, and variances.
- Problem solving, reasoning, motivating, organizational and training abilities.
- Valid driver's license required.
- Frequently standing up, bending, climbing, kneeling, and moving about the facility.
- Frequently handling objects and equipment to maintain the facility.
- Will be required to regularly use commercial chemicals
- Carrying, lifting or pulling items weighing up to 75 pounds.
- Will be required to work mornings, evening, weekends, and holidays.
Sonesta recognizes that benefits play a vital role in helping ensure the health and financial security of employees and their families. We offer a variety of benefits to our employees including: Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance, Health Savings Account with Company Match, 401(k) Retirement Plan with Company Match, Paid Vacation and Sick Days, Sonesta Hotel Discounts, Educational Assistance, Paid Parental Leave, Company Paid Life Insurance, Company Paid Short Term and Long Term Disability Insurance and Various Employee Perks and Discounts.
We are an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, religion, age, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by local, state, or federal laws, rules, or regulations.