|Date Posted||May 5, 2021|
Manager of Construction Equipment Engineering, North America
Kubota Construction Machinery Division
Salina, KS 67401
We are currently seeking a Manager of CE Engineering to join our team in Salina, KS. The right candidate will have the unique opportunity to build their team and be accountable for the deliverables of the team. The manager will work in collaboration with the Director of CE Research and Development for North America.
The Manager of CE Engineering will be responsible for the hiring and formation of a world class engineering team for the new Kubota North American R&D facility in Salina, KS for Construction Equipment. The Engineering Manager and the hired team will be accountable for design, development, and continuous improvement of the Compact Track Loader and Skid Steer Loader products for North America. The position will manage and align all product development initiatives with a focus on engineering priorities, day-to-day management of simultaneous projects, delivering manufacturable designs to agreed specifications within time and budget constraints, and fostering innovative solutions to customer needs consistent with the organization's strategy. The successful candidate will ensure that Kubota has the engineering capabilities in place to meet the company's objectives by ensuring the engineering capacity, competency, and systems knowledge required to achieve the following goals:
- Establish local R&D center in Salina
- Expand current product portfolio
- Shorten product development cycle to bring new products to market more efficiently
Other responsibilities include:
- Responsible for leading the engineering team aligned with the vision, strategy and direction of the research and development of Kubota's construction equipment products in North America.
- Develop new construction equipment products to gain further market advantages and expand Kubota's market share within the construction equipment industry.
- Create, build and lead a technology strategy whilst conducting and leveraging the organizations six sigma capabilities in order to enhance the company's products for quality and manufacturability.
- Consistent with the organization's strategy, prioritize and direct all engineering projects and take responsibility for hiring, performance management and coaching employees.
- Align with other business unit leaders on resource needs to support product development and sustaining activities.
- Continually evaluate the engineering talent, determine gaps in engineering knowledge and or organizational positioning in order to implement proper training or organizational restructuring.
- Develop and implement engineering standards, design specifications, and engineering change process.
- Collaborate with other members of the management team to align engineering strategy and direction with the overall goals of the organization.
- In coordination with Kubota's commercial organization, support the development of the product roadmap as part of the strategic planning process to assure an optimal research and development organization is maintained to meet that product road map.
- Leverage a comprehensive competitive gap analysis to better understand the company's product features/benefits/prices versus competitor products.
- Work with internal and external customers to ensure continuous customer satisfaction.
- Support formalization of the company's product development process that includes new product strategy from conception to market that will ensure a continued flow of new and innovative products.
- Develop new creative products with sound technical ability and outstanding leadership in order to rapidly optimize the launch of new products.
- 10+ years of product design and development experience with 5+ years leading and managing technical teams.
- A significant record of accomplishment, including developing, planning, and designing products within the Construction, Agricultural or Off-Highway capital equipment industry.
- Strong judgment and decision-making skills in making critical go/no-go decisions within the R&D stage gate process with early integration of commercial input.
- A strong track record in developing new products and patents within the capital equipment industry.
- Work cross functionally with various teams to gather key inputs, and able to work well with diverse opinions and competing priorities.
- Someone who is a strategic team leader and people developer that is also willing to support their team in day-to-day responsibilities as needed.
- A strong bias for action. Someone who is driven by results. Someone who strongly believes in accountability. A task-oriented self-starter who proactively takes on big ideas and projects
- Ability to set and manage priorities judiciously.
- Travel domestically and internationally as needed
- Bachelor's Degree in Mechanical Engineering or related field required, advanced degree in Engineering preferred.