|Location||South San Francisco|
|Date Posted||April 8, 2021|
Myriad Autoimmune is seeking a Software Engineering Manager to join our innovative software engineering team. The successful candidate will be highly motivated and team-oriented, working as part of a collaborative team, capable of independent and creative problem-solving, and demonstrate exceptional communication skills. Another skill is problem solving as the engineering manager will need to be able to address any issues that come up.
- Lead and manage a team of Software Engineers and technology projects.
- Collaborate with Product Management, Design, and other teams to deﬁne and deliver on product and technical roadmaps.
- Establish a collaborative work environment that fosters autonomy, transparency, a high degree of craftsmanship, and personal growth.
- Evangelize software development best practices and set exceptional standards for the Engineering team.
- Lead technical discussions and plans to improve the company's overall software quality.
- Plan, design, communicate, and implement reliable, scalable, and extensible software systems.
- Work as a pinch-hitter to assist with development as needed.
- BS in Computer Science, Engineering, Technology, or a related subject.
- 8+ years of experience software engineering and building applications.
- 5+ years of experience leading a team of developers.
- Deep understanding of continuous integration, automation tools and processes
- Strong knowledge of design patterns and software engineering best practices.
- Ability to work as part of a collaborative team in a fast-paced environment.
- Sincere interest in working at a startup and scaling with the company.
- Experience with or interest in healthcare and genetic testing technologies; desire to develop
creative and valuable solutions within this domain.
- Experience with insurance billing application. Healthcare billing knowledge is a plus.
- Excellent communication skill. Includes verbal and writing skill
- Experience working within cloud-based environments such as AWS, Google Cloud
Platform, Microsoft Azure, etc.
- Experience with microservices and service-oriented architectures. Experience with AWS Lambda is a plus
- Experience with messaging services such as Apache Kafka or Amazon Kinesis
- Experience with RDBMS such as MySQL, Oracle and SQL Server
- Experience with health applications development and/or working in a healthcare environment
- Experience working in an FDA, CLIA, SOX, or related regulatory environment
- Experience with test driven development and continuous integration
- Experience with Docker and Infrastructure as Code (Terraform, Ansible, AWS CDK etc.)
Myriad Genetics Inc., is a leading personalized medicine company dedicated to being a trusted advisor transforming patient lives worldwide with pioneering molecular diagnostics. Myriad discovers and commercializes molecular diagnostic tests that: determine the risk of developing disease, accurately diagnose disease, assess the risk of disease progression, and guide treatment decisions across six major medical specialties where molecular diagnostics can significantly improve patient care and lower healthcare costs. Myriad is focused on three strategic imperatives: maintaining leadership in an expanding hereditary cancer market, diversifying its product portfolio through the introduction of new products and increasing the revenue contribution from international markets. For more information on how Myriad is making a difference, please visit the Company's website: .
WE ARE AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER. Applicants and employees are considered for positions and are evaluated without regard to mental or physical disability, race, color, religion, gender,national origin, age, genetic information, military or veteran status, sexual orientation, marital status or any other protected Federal, State/Province or Local status unrelated to the performance of the work involved.
Please answer all questions completely. Please do not provide any information not specifically requested on this Employment Application form.