|Date Posted||January 15, 2022|
Pay Rate - $40/hr
Shift: Monday-Friday, 1st shift, overtime as required
The manufacturing engineer must be able to solve unstructured optical manufacturing problems supporting metrology, polishing, grinding, and machining. This includes the design and development of tooling and processes supporting optical manufacturing. The engineer must also design and develop processes for precision optical assemblies.
1. Designing tooling, fixtures and processes for precision optical components and assemblies.
2. CAD/Solid Modeling
3. Experience with optical interferometry and related testing.
4. Research and implement innovative technologies in the areas of tooling design and process development related to continuous improvement.
5. Provide technical support to the production and engineering teams, as well as our suppliers to resolve production process problems.
6. Define optics grinding and/or polishing concepts, develop prototype processes, test processes, analyze results and convert to actual process for implementation in optics production.
7. Responsible for reviewing methods and processes used in optical manufacturing. Experience with MIL and ISO specifications.
8. Performs other related duties as assigned.
1. Interferometry, optical testing and general shop metrology
2. Computer programming; MatLab or equivalent
3. Optical manufacturing and optical assemblies
Required Education and Experience
B.S. Degree in mechanical or manufacturing engineering or related field, plus 2 - 7 years manufacturing experience. Design experience with CAD or Solidworks (preferred software). Must have a comprehensive knowledge of mechanical fabrication, assembly techniques and machining processes.
CNC programming, data analysis with MatLab or MathCad or equivalent