|Date Posted||September 23, 2022|
Category Operations Management
Segment Kaman Aerospace
Shift Shift 1
# of Openings 1
The Manufacturing Engineer working under the direction of the Engineering Leader with minimum supervision, is responsible for the development and implementation of manufacturing plans for new programs and support of current manufacturing programs to achieve cost reduction, quality and delivery schedule.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Prepares Manufacturing Engineering, Tool Design and Tool Fabrication pre-plan and activity schedules required to assure conformance to contract delivery requirements.
- Creates CAD models, drawings, and work instructions meeting customer specifications and delivery commitments
- Designs and develops tooling, processes, and procedures to support manufacture of composite parts and assemblies including mold tools, drill fixtures, and assembly tools
- Prepare technical data and plans related to specific customer requirements and estimated related costs.
- Provide sustaining engineering as required; maintain and improve company's competitive position by identifying, justifying and implementing manufacturing improvements.
- Assist in development of technical portions of new business proposals including selection of manufacturing methods and production processes, selection of tooling, and definition of costs required to implement.
- Perform make verses buy analyses and provide related recommendations to management.
- Create and maintain records, data schedules and other pertinent information as required.
- Provide ME support to Lean activities, cellular standardization and continuous improvement efforts as required.
- May assist in structuring departmental budgets.
- Conducts producibility studies to evaluate production process reliability and provide appropriate recommendations.
- Prepares specification of production operations, prepares vendor instructions for operations sourced outside the company and defines tooling requirements and issuance of tool orders to Tool Fabrication department.
- Interact with customer organizations including providing recommendations regarding material selections, tool and product configuration and manufacturing tolerances that affect producibility, cost and schedules.
- Perform other duties as assigned. Accomplish related results as needed.
- Bachelor's degree in a related technical field required and 3 years related experience preferred.
- Must be able to read blueprints, technical drawings, bills of material, assembly instructions utilized to build units, assemblies and parts.
- Broad knowledge of a general technical field such as mechanical or aerospace engineering.
- Effective oral and written communication skills.
- Proficiency with CAD software (SolidWorks preferred), ERP systems (Epicor preferred) and general office applications (MS Office preferred)
- Ability to work effectively in a collaborative team environment.
- Ability to work hands on within the production environment
- Ability to work effectively with internal and external customers
Kaman Corporation is an Equal Opportunity Minority/Female/Individuals with Disabilities/Protected Veteran and Affirmative Action Employer
Kaman Corporation considers for employment and hires qualified candidates without regard to age, race, religion, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, protected veteran or disability status or any factor prohibited by law. Kaman Corporation and all of its related companies fully endorse equal opportunity for all. Kaman provides reasonable accommodation for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans in job application procedures and/or process. Please inform us if you need assistance completing any forms or to otherwise participate in the application process. For more information, please click here for a notice that provides information concerning the laws and procedures for filing complaints of violations of the laws with the Office of Federal Contract Compliance Programs (OFCCP).
Positions at Kaman require access to information or technology that is subject to the International Traffic in Arms Regulation (ITAR) and the Export Administration Regulations (EAR). These laws limit access rights for non-US Persons or other unauthorized individuals. Therefore, applicants may be required to provide proof of U.S. Citizenship, U.S. Permanent Residence, or U.S. Immigration Status. All such inquiries are asked solely to comply with ITAR and EAR export licensing requirements.