|Date Posted||April 8, 2021|
Hargrove Engineers + Constructors is seeking an onsite Mechanical Engineer to support our client's capital projects in Pensacola, FL.
- BS in Mechanical Engineering or a related field combined with relevant experience
- Minimum of 5 years chemical / industrial in-plant experience
- Developing cost estimates / scopes consistent with the stage gate phases
- Self-starter, able to work with minimal supervision
Mechanical Engineer - Capital Projects
- The Mechanical Engineer - Capital Projects is the technical resource accountable for the detailed mechanical designs on projects within the Capital Engineering organization. This entails early involvement in the conceptual design through field startup following the Onsite client stage gate process. This position is accountable for mechanical reviews and evaluations on the technical correctness of designs, execution and field construction. All designs and installations are reviewed to ensure they are safe, operable, maintainable and will function as intended. On-site Onsite client engineered projects range from $50k - $1M and third party engineered projects can range up to +- $15M.
Provides Mechanical Engineering expertise to the Capital Projects teams in the execution of projects to:
- Develop and/or review designs and installations to ensure correctness and compliance with Onsite client standards, applicable codes (ASME, API, TEMA…), regulatory requirements and project deliverables
- Responsible for the mechanical design basis for plant projects, includes knowledge of structural, foundations, piping, and equipment(rotating, fixed).
- Field experience and understanding of restrictions associated with working in an operating plant
- Lead the development of mechanical construction bid packages
- Lead team reviews and approve vendor supplied equipment or systems
- Data sheet development for manufactured systems or equipment
- Confident in recommending options for efficient alternative solutions
- Ability to evaluate deliverables and make recommendations for qualified resource needs
- Work with contractors to ensure we get quality craftsmanship
- Work within project teams to produce "right sized" design deliverables