|Date Posted||September 24, 2022|
Network Solutions Engineer
- 401K with a match
- 28 PTO days (including paid holidays)
- 5 different Flexible Spending account options
Join New Era's growing team and experience a corporate culture that promotes personal and professional development.
We are looking for team members to contribute to and deliver our mission to securely connect people, places, and information in a rapidly changing digital world. Work alongside the finest team of highly skilled and industry-certified professionals who are encouraged to drive change and think outside of the box. As a team member, you will receive competitive benefits, industry training, and certifications. New Era Technology empowers businesses to embrace the future workplace. As customers shift their perspectives on where and how work happens, we are there to meet them with flexible, resilient, and productive solutions.
At this time we are not sposoring any work visas.
Network Engineer is responsible for the delivery of high-quality IT technical professional services to our clientele. These services may include consulting, on-site and/or remote troubleshooting and support for clients with various network technologies, installation and integration, migration services, design, the scope of work development, and solution development. The Network Engineer must demonstrate superior proficiency in the performance of these services. Dedication to quality and customer satisfaction are critical success factors for this position. The Network Engineer role is a hybrid work situation, meaning able to work at home a few days a week and the ability to work in office and client location (as needed).
Network Engineer Primary Duties:
- Customer Satisfaction through the delivery of top-quality professional services
- Optimizing productivity while assigned to projects or tasks
- Pre-sale Design and Consulting
- Proper contingency planning for service performance control and resolving those issues at the time of service delivery for the protection of the customer's data and products while performing services.
- Problem-solving and escalating
- Testing/quality control
- Customer Relations
- Maintaining control of section-owned products while working at our site
- Punctual arrival at customer appointments I critical and mandatory
- Status reporting to the assistant supervisor or electronically
Network Engineer will bring to the table:
- Ability to communicate effectively and professionally with all customer contacts
- Ability to provide clear written communication for ticket/task updates
- Ability to maintain organization and control over all information related to customer projects and assignments
- Act as a team lead, taking ownership of assignments, offering advice and guidance to others on the team
- Dedicated to providing exceptional customer services at all times
- Strong broad-based knowledge of hardware, operating systems (client and server) applications, networking products, connectivity, and cabling
- Proficiency in all aspects of the core technical requirements
- 5 - 7 years experience as a Network Engineer
- Design and deploy LANs, WANs, and wireless networks, including routers, switches, firewalls, and access points.
- Proven experience with network capacity planning, network security principles, and general maintenance best practices.
- Experience in implementing and managing voice of IP (VoIP) systems.
- Design, implement and support firewalls, site-to-site, and remote access VPNs.
- Facilitate new and existing equipment hardware and software upgrades.
- Working technical knowledge of current network hardware, protocols, and internet standards, including routers, switches (layer 2/3), firewalls, remote access, DNS, BGP, OSPF, EIGRP, VLAN, and QoS.
- Strong background with Cisco, Fortinet & Aruba.
- Excellent hardware troubleshooting experience.
- Cyber Security Assessment and Mitigation experience.
- Cisco CCNA required
- Cisco CCNP preferred
- Fortinet NSE 4 preferred
- Aruba ACSP preferred