|Location||St. Cloud, Minnesota|
|Date Posted||July 30, 2022|
Trades & Services
New Flyer is North America's heavy-duty transit bus leader and offers the most advanced product line under the Xcelsior and Xcelsior CHARGE brands. It also offers infrastructure development through NFI Infrastructure Solutions , a service dedicated to providing safe, sustainable, and reliable charging and mobility solutions. Further information is available at
Develop the skills needed for the cleaning and preparation of coaches for paint applications, primers and top coatings, operate the equipment needed.
WHAT YOU WILL DO:
- Be able to perform the tasks of the Paint Assistant and Decal Technician positions. Possess the skill set to apply all paint applications within the Paint Department.
- Prepare multiple surfaces for priming and painting.
- Knowledge of equipment used and the skill to use the equipment for surface preparation for application of liquid coatings.
- Knowledge and skill to use the paint mix system and properly log in paint and material usage.
- Develop a complete understanding of quality paint standards to ensure that the paint finishes produced by the paint department is of the highest quality possible.
- Become acquainted and continuously follow all painting safety policies and procedures on the job.
- Must regularly lift and move up to 10 pounds, frequently lift and move up to 25 pounds and occasionally lift and move up to 50 pounds.
- Must be able to bend, stoop, and reach. Must be able to climb up and down, as well as work using a ladder.
- Must be able to wear respirator for up to eight hours.
- Clean work areas and keep all dirt/dust, trash, used sandpaper, etc. from off the floor and in other areas by following 5S and other lean initiatives.
WHAT YOU NEED TO BE SUCCESSFUL:
- Previous automotive paint and/or production work desirable, but not required
- Ability to read and follow intermediate measurements and instructions, possess elementary mechanical aptitude.
- Good communication skills, ability to work with little supervision, and ability work in a team environment.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Must complete Paint Assistant training
- Must have good attendance
New Flyer is an EEO/AAP/Female/Minority/Disabled/Vets Employer
WHY JOIN OUR TEAM:
- NFI Group has been named a Manitoba Top Employer for 2020 and this is the tenth since the competition was established in 2007.
- Employee social committee organizes numerous events throughout the year, including summer barbecues, holiday festivities, sporting events and tournaments, and much more.
- Ongoing employee development through a variety of in-house training initiatives along with tuition subsidies for courses at outside institutions.
We exist to move people. Our mission is to design and deliver exceptional transportation solutions that are safe, accessible, e fficient and reliable.
NFI Group is a leading independent global bus manufacturer providing a comprehensive suite of mass transportation solutions. News and information are available at , , , , , and .