|Location||Piscataway, New Jersey|
|Date Posted||July 31, 2022|
Trades & Services
Diesel Truck Fleet Technician Looking for an On-Highway DIESEL TECHNICIAN for Rental Division's Fleet - Piscataway, NJ (Union job) - Monday-Friday, 1st shift (w/OT opps)
Diesel Truck Fleet Technician
We are actively searching and looking for a highly experienced ON-HIGHWAY TECHNICIAN that can work on the RENTAL DIVISION'S TRUCKS, out of the PISCATAWAY, NJ location.
Very competitive salary & benefits package. Union job. First shift (day).
Ask about our fantastic SIGNING BONUS!! Ask about our Veterans hiring program!
• Perform technical repairs and service on medium and heavy duty Machinery & Equipment.
• Perform necessary troubleshooting and notify Service Manager of outstanding issues.
• Expected to complete tasks with no/limited supervision.
• Demonstrates extremely well developed troubleshooting skills with strong problem solving skills in their work unit.
• Consistently follows all Foley safety policies and procedures to include all Personal Protective Equipment being worn at all times, as well as contamination control guidelines.
• Demonstrates the need for continuous self-development and seeks every opportunity to improve their personal, technical, and interpersonal skills.
• Verified findings, review readings of gauges and procedures and compare to manufactured specs.
• Install, replace, rebuild or repair the parts and/or equipment in a timely manner and according to specifications.
• Test the part or equipment and perform quality checks after work is complete.
• At end of shift, secure all equipment and machinery and complete all required paperwork.
• Minimum 5 years' experience with construction equipment.
• Must be able to multitask.
• Assist parts department in researching and ordering needed parts.
• Strong Computer skills preferred, knowledge of SisWeb, Parts Integrator, ET and AS400 is a plus.
Salary: This is a Union job. Salary ranges between $25-35/hour. Fantastic benefits. Possible SIGN ON BONUS (depends on experience)
As a Diesel Mechanic at Caterpillar, you will perform a variety of functions to repair and maintain medium to heavy duty trucks, as well as perform scheduled preventative maintenance.
We know that a decision to work for Caterpillar is a commitment of time and talent.
• Our employees have built Caterpillar's reputation as one of the "World's Most Admired Companies" (Fortune Magazine), "40 Best Companies for Leaders" (Chief Executive Magazine) and a "Top 50 Employer" (Woman Engineer Magazine).
If you meet the above qualifications and would like to apply for this position, please click APPLY NOW and upload your most current resume or you may email your resume to our recruiter, Barry Tacktill at Please include "DIESEL" on the subject line of any e-mail. Be sure to include your contact number.
Questions regarding this position can be addressed by emailing or calling . Thank you in advance for applying, however, only qualified candidates will be contacted.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Disabled
To read our Candidate Privacy Information Statement, which explains how we will use your information, please navigate to
The Company will consider qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records