|Date Posted||August 28, 2021|
NiyamIT, Inc. is a CMMI Level III-Dev appraised, ISO 9001:2015, 8(a) HUBZone business with over 13 years of experience supporting Federal, State, Local, and Commercial customers. We are a growing organization, recently ranked by Inc. Magazine on their 2020 Inc. 5000 list. We are looking for talented professionals to rise to the challenge, enhance skills, and work with smart minds. Come join our team and grow with us!
Niyam is seeking an experienced Operations Engineering Architect to join our team at Annapolis Junction, MD in support of our growing work with the Department of Homeland Security - TSA. This position offers competitive compensation and benefits.
Qualified candidates must be able to supply proof of ship and hold an active Secret Clearance.
- Leads technology teams through the complex process of evaluations, development, deployment, and operational support
- Directs team in the integration of COTS software to include design, testing, risk mitigation, implementation planning, and operational handoff
- Responsible for overall technical and Business Process Solutions for Mission Support Systems
- Provide expert analytical, technical, and management direction for the development and integration of policies, planned architecture, standards, and programs for information technology management and information interoperability
- Serve as the engineering leader and technical expert
- Act as SME to answer questions and resolve issues brought forth by the engineering team members and other organization
- Create detailed engineering plans, processes, and procedures for engineering staff to use and abide by
- Check and confirm the accuracy of the work performed and the methods used by engineering staff
- Conduct various technical reviews and quality assurance checks to verify the quality of completed projects
- Monitor and determine various staffing and training needs
- Spearhead various research and development initiatives to identify opportunities for new projects and improved processes
- Communicate and collaborate with other managers, suppliers, and contractors. Prepare and deliver various engineering-related presentations, both internally and externally
- Minimum of a Bachelor's degree in engineering or similar technical based degree
- Track record of success in IT service delivery, network design, performance management, risk management, capacity planning, operations support, application development, integration, and deployment, Program Management, Information Security, Policy and Strategic Planning, Applications software systems, Linux, Disaster Recovery and System Integration
- 6+ years of engineering experience, ideally in a management role
- 6+ years leading IT security efforts to ensure compliance with NIST guidelines, FIPS 140 cryptographic standards, DHS 4300.A policies, and other security standards required for DHS systems remediation
- Leadership skills necessary to manage and develop a team
- Self-motivated attitude with the ability to multitask and thrive in a timeline-driven environment
- Interpersonal communication skills with expertise in distilling complicated topics to a broader audience
- Experience with Operating Systems such as: AIX, RedHat Linux, CentOS, Windows 2016+
- Experience with DevOps Tools such as: Jenkins, Chef (Ruby), CheckMK, OpenIAM, Docker, Hashicorp Vault, Hashicorp Consul, Hashicorp Terraform, Gitlab, OpenLDAP, BIND, MediaWiki, Supermarket, Kea DHCP, Atom, Nexus, UrbanCode
- Experience with Middleware such as: IBM WebSphere Extreme Scale, IBM Data Power, IBM WebSphere Application Server, IBM Liberty, IBM WebSphere MQ, IBM WebSphere Operational Decision Manager, IBM ILOG, IBM DB2, Oracle, Oracle Business Intelligence Enterprise Edition (OBIEE), Infoglide Bladeworks SSE, Informatica v8, LDAP, Dell Boomi Scheduler, IBM Global Name Management (GNM)
- Experience with DEVTEST Tools such as: Gradle, IBM Data Studio, LeanFT, Selenium, Java/J2EE, .NET, Bash/Korn Shell Scripting, PERL, PL/SQL, Eclipse, BURP, Web Accessibility Toolbar
- Experience with IBM Security Access Manager, IBM Security Identity Manager, IBM Tivoli Monitoring, IBM Netcool, IBM Systems Director and ITCAM, IBM BigFix, IBM Control Center, Splunk, Appscan
- Active Secret Clearance
All qualified applicants will receive consideration without regards to race, color, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
- provided by Dice