|Date Posted||July 30, 2022|
Trades & Services
Veolia is the world's leading environmental services company with 220,000 employees globally and a 160-year history. We help our customers address their environmental and sustainability challenges in energy, water and waste. That means improving our clients energy efficiency, better managing their water and wastewater, and recovering resources from their wastes. We do this in a safe, cost-effective and innovative manner for cities, governments, campuses, businesses, and industries.
- Tends automatic and semi-automatic machines and related equipment including pumps, engines, generators, valves, gates, mixers, conveyors, blowers, chemical feed and odor control to decontaminate wastewater by settling, aeration and sludge processing.
- Monitor control panels and adjust valves and gates manually or by remote control to regulate flow.
- Monitors flow meters, gauges, flow ratios, pressures and related controls through instrument panels, computer terminals and programmable logic control units in assigned area.
- Monitors and records operating conditions observations and data in area shift log.
- Ensures conformance to process specifications. Diagnoses basic operational problems and takes corrective action per procedure. Verifies and reports suspected malfunctions and variances to supervisor. Performs routine and preventative maintenance and maintenance related items as assigned.
- Performs field tests (chemical, physical and biological) to pace chemical dosages for process and odor control units or alter unit processes.
- Samples wastewater, sludge, and gases (odor control, digester, etc.) according to schedule.
- Prepares chemical solutions and services automatic samplers.
- Monitors process chemical supplies and recommends reorder.
- Performs lab tests applicable to permit testing and reporting per procedures.
- Performs routine instrument calibration for portable meters including, but not limited to, dissolved oxygen, pH, H2S, percent oxygen, lower explosive limit.
- Performs manual labor including filling and emptying of machine bins and cleaning equipment, facilities and grounds as required.
- Performs minor maintenance including, but not limited to, routine preventive maintenance, lubrication, and minor adjustments.
- Operates vehicles for plant operational purposes.
- Practices good housekeeping in assigned area and properly disposes of waste according to safety and environmental policies.
- High School education or equivalent with the ability to read, write and comprehend English (operational, process, safety, and quality instructions). Associates degree in a science or technical area strongly preferred.
- Must have the ability to perform basic math equations.
- Requires a Grade 6 Massachusetts wastewater treatment plant operator s license. May consider candidate who can obtain a license within six months.
- Experience in a related position and environment with knowledge of the methods, techniques, and practices of wastewater treatment.
- Must demonstrate proficiency in the care and use of all site specific, facility required PPE (Personal Protection Equipment), including respirators, gas detectors, confined space equipment, etc.)
- Must consistently demonstrate the ability to operate assigned machines and equipment meeting or exceeding processing and quality targets under general supervision.
- Must demonstrate ability to efficiently operate equipment such as pumps, engines, generators, valves, gates, mixers, conveyors, blowers, dryers, chemical feed, odor control, disinfection equipment, measuring/control devices, testing equipment and material handling equipment.
- Must have the ability to diagnose process and mechanical problems in single or multiple unit processes, troubleshoot basic equipment and take corrective action within policy and procedure limitations.
- Must demonstrate a working ability to use computer programs for process control.
- Must demonstrate ability to work in a team environment and willingness to assume additional or new responsibilities readily.
- Must be able to serve rotational 24-hour emergency on-call if required by site.
- Must possess a valid driver s license and a safe driving record.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.