|Date Posted||August 1, 2022|
Location: Kissimmee, FL
Job Category: Field applicant
Salary Interval: Hourly
Jr. Davis Construction Company Inc. builds roads, bridges, and highways that connect our communities! We are seeking passionate individuals eager to apply their skills to take their careers to the next level. This position may operate hand and power tools of all types and a variety of other equipment and instruments. May clean and prepare sites, dig trenches, set braces to support the sides of excavations, erect scaffolding, and clean up rubble, debris, and other waste materials. May assist other craft workers.
JDC is one of the largest heavy highway and civil construction firms in the state with over 1,000 employees, while still retaining a family business atmosphere. We'll respect your hard work and treat you like family.
Company Benefits: We don't just want to tell employees we care about them; we show it. That's why we offer a comprehensive and competitive package to our employees:
- Competitive pay rates
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Voluntary life
- Supplemental insurances
- Paid time off
- Paid holidays
- On-the-job training and skill development
- Complimentary Wellness Clinic services
- Load, unload, or identify building materials, machinery, or tools, distributing them to the appropriate locations, according to project plans or specifications.
- Measure, mark, or record openings or distances to layout areas where construction work will be performed.
- Dig ditches or trenches, backfill excavations, or compact and level earth to grade specifications, using picks, shovels, pneumatic tampers, or rakes.
- Erect or dismantle scaffolding, shoring, braces, traffic barricades, ramps, or other temporary structures.
- Provide assistance to craft workers, such as carpenters, plasterers, or masons.
Position or dismantle forms for pouring concrete, using saws, hammers, nails, or bolts
- Other duties as assigned.
- Underground utility or pipe layer experience is a plus.
- Experience as a heavy equipment operator.
- 1 recent years' experience working as a general laborer.
- Active Driver license.
- Must have a safety-first attitude. Strict adherence to safety requirements and procedures is required.
- Display a professional and courteous attitude to co-workers, supervisors, and the general public at all times.
- High School diploma.
- All work is performed outside in heat, cold, and inclement weather.
- Exposure to loud noises, fumes, odors, gasses, dust, etc.
- Work in close proximity to heavy traffic.
- Ability to lift heavy objects, walk and stand for long periods of time and perform strenuous physical labor under adverse field conditions.
- Must be able to lift, push, pull or carry objects, use abdominal and lower back muscles to provide support over time without fatigue.
- Requires good manual dexterity (hand, hand with arm, two hands) and multi-limb coordination.
- Frequently lifts and/or moves objects weighing up to 50 pounds, and occasionally objects weighing more than 75 pounds.
- Considerable use of your arms and legs and moving your whole body, such as climbing, lifting, balancing, walking, and stooping
Equal Opportunity Employer
JDC promotes a drug-free workplace environment and we pride ourselves on being an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer and is actively recruiting women and minorities for all open positions.