|Location||Sun Valley, California|
|Date Posted||August 1, 2022|
Plant Maintenance Technician - MRF ( 2nd Shift)
Location: US-CA-Sun Valley
Job ID: 2
Number of Openings 1
Source Code: AS16
Overview & Essential Job Functions
The Plant Maintenance Technician reports to the Maintenance Manager and Maintenance Supervisor. The Plant Maintenance Technician is responsible for repairing and maintaining machinery and mechanical equipment, such as motors, pneumatic tools, conveyor systems, production machines and equipment using hand tools, power tools and precision measuring testing instruments. Diagnoses machinery components and determines if and when adjustments or repairs are required. Increasing level of responsibility per experience.
Essential Job Functions:
- Observes mechanical devices in operation and troubleshoots problems.
- Dismantles device to gain access to and remove defective parts, using hoists, hand tools and power tools.
- Inspects used parts to determine changes on dimensional requirements, using rulers, calipers, micrometers, and other measuring instruments.
- Adjusts functional parts of device and control instruments using hand and/or power tools.
- Repairs or replaces defective parts.
- Advise the Maintenance Supervisor/Manager of any operational problems.
- Performs other duties as assigned by supervisor.
- Complies with all safety, health, environmental, and other Company policies, procedures and requirements.
- Perform preventative plant maintenance.
- General plant maintenance inspection and diagnosis & repairs.
- Welding & cutting as needed
Qualifications & Environmental Demands
- Required Qualifications:
- 3 years' experience in maintenance & repair in production style environment.
- High School Diploma or G.E.D.
- Fabrication knowledge (Mig/Tig/Arc/Oxy Acetylene/brazing etc.)
- Sufficient working knowledge regarding plant component repairs and replacements.
- Ability to effectively troubleshoot and identify electrical/mechanical issues and complete in a safe timely manner.
- Perform all tasks safely and in accordance with applicable OSHA rules and regulations.
- Consistently behaves in a manner that is appropriate and professional.
- Valid Class C Driver's License.
- Acceptable Driver's Record.
- Must possess personal tools.
- Ability to perform physical requirements of the position with or without reasonable accommodations.
- Trade School Certification.
- Bilingual English / Spanish.
- Welder certification.
- Waste, rock & sand, concrete, and/or asphalt industry experience.
- Standing, walking, seeing, hearing, & smelling continuously.
- Problem solving, oral/written communication, analytical ability, concentration, exposure to unprotected heights, exposure to heavy machinery, & eye/hand coordination, & handling continuously.
- Bending, reaching, stretching, crouching, & lifting 50 Lbs. continuously.
- Exposure to dust, smoke, fumes, odors, grease, oil, chemicals, wet slippery surfaces, hot/cold conditions, & noise continuously.
- Works inside and outside.
- Competitive wages
- Comprehensive benefit package Medical, Dental, Vision
- Employee Assistance Program
- Life Insurance
- Paid Vacation and Sick Time
- Career plan
- Recognition programs
- Professional development learning
- An exceptional work environment
Athens will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance and any other applicable state, federal or local laws.