|Date Posted||August 2, 2022|
The Product Management Team is a part of the Industrial Engineering department within the UPS Healthcare Business Unit. The team serves a lead role within the engineering group to support new technology onboarding, validation and run cost.
We are seeking a qualified, motivated individual to lead our team of product engineers maintaining new technology development for operating in our Healthcare/GMP facilities. This position will be responsible ensuring our portfolio of technology stays updated, in compliance and assisting in deployments. They will help drive IT setup, repeatable deployment plans, QA validation, maintenance options and vendor s future road map along with implementation support. The technology could be used in a variety of conditions from ambient, cooler, freezer, dangerous goods storage or even regulated storage.
This position will be responsible for managing a team of engineers responsible for ongoing industry knowledge, best practices and trends associated with their portfolio. The incumbent will need to be detail oriented in supporting our QA validation process along with good communication skills as they interact with various business units and vendors.
- Incorporates Healthcare regulatory and industry knowledge supporting their team building technology roadmaps
- Guides Engineers on Design and implement automated systems for use in diverse dedicated or mixed client environments
- Oversees validation results of patch update records, testing records along with upcoming version update plans
- Leads collaborative discussions between departments and key stakeholders to determine automation feasibility short and long term
- Creates detailed road maps to guide automation projects from conception to final implementation
- Supports existing automation technology with component and process upgrades
- Assists with training and developing engineering staff to include on the job training, reviewing work studies, and assisting with feedback for system improvement
- Trains new team members on Policies, Procedures and Company Culture
- Manages resources and people processes (e.g., Performance Management, Career Development, Training, Staffing, etc.) to ensure the day-to-day administration of processes and formal procedures
- Identifies individual and team skill gaps and developmental opportunities (e.g., training, special assignments, conferences, projects, etc.) to facilitate individual and team development
- Ensures that direct reports have documented career goals and detailed plans for achieving these goals
- Conducts frequent performance evaluations in a consistent, fair, and objective manner to facilitate open communication and encourage continuous performance improvement
- Holds others accountable to established performance levels to achieve individual and group goals
- Resolves individual and group performance issues in accordance with UPS s policies and procedures in a timely manner to motivate and foster teamwork
- Coaches others and provides on-going feedback and support to improve performance
- Identifies opportunities to involve others in new and challenging work assignments and rotations that advance the skills and capabilities of individuals and the organization
- Makes salary recommendations to reward employee performance
- Displays knowledge of healthcare logistics and distribution including cold chain, controlled substance, dangerous goods storage and processing
- Demonstrates an understanding of implementation objectives, project planning, and one's role within a project
- Possesses knowledge of common financial terms and calculations
- Demonstrates an understanding and use of grammatical rules; expresses ideas clearly and concisely; explains the relationship of effective writing to business objectives
- Identifies/creates routine and complex work methods/processes/flows to analyze; describes the basic steps in analysis of data related to people, technology, or information
- Proficient with MS Office (Excel, Access, Teams, OneNote, Outlook, Word and PowerPoint) and AutoCAD
- Demonstrates experience with technology including but not limited to AMRs, AGVs, conveyance types, robotic arms, scanners, put walls, etc.
- Minimum 3 years of experience in managing others within IE or Supply Chain Solution Design and Development
- Demonstrates experience with healthcare regulations, ISO documentation and Computerized System Validation (CSV)
- Experience with IT systems (WMS, WES and WCS) design and functionality
- Bachelor's degree (or internationally comparable degree) in Engineering or related field
UPS is an equal opportunity employer. UPS does not discriminate on the basis of race/color/religion/sex/national origin/veteran/disability/age/sexual orientation/gender identity or any other characteristic protected by law