|Date Posted||July 31, 2022|
Equivalent of Manager, Senior Manager, Director, etc.
What you will do
Are you an experienced and accomplished data engineer looking to apply your expertise to solving complex and interesting data and analytics challenges using the best modern tools?
Aimpoint Digital is a fast-growing and fully-remote data and analytics consultancy. We partner with the most innovative software-providers in the data engineering space to solve our clients' toughest business problems. Our approach to data engineering blends modern tools and techniques with a respect for the foundations of our craft.
- Become a trusted advisor working together with our clients, from data owners and analytic users to C-level executives
- Engage and lead multi-disciplinary teams to solve complex use-cases across a variety of industries
- Assess existing analytics infrastructure and business processes and advise on best-in-class modern solutions
- Design and develop the analytical layer, building cloud data warehouses, data lakes, ETL/ELT pipelines, and orchestration tools
- Work with modern tools such as Snowflake, Databricks, Fivetran, and dbt
- Write code in SQL, Python, and Spark, and use software engineering best-practices such as Git and CI/CD
- Support the deployment of data science and ML projects into production
- Note: You will not be developing machine learning models or algorithms
Who you are
We are building a diverse team of talented and motivated people who deeply understand business problems and enjoy solving them. You are a self-starter who loves working with data to build analytical tools that business users can leverage daily to do their jobs better. You are passionate about contributing to a growing team and establishing best practices.
As a Principal Data Engineer, you will also be expected to be able to own and manage your client engagement, take part in the development of our practice, aid in business development, and contribute innovative ideas and initiatives to our company.
- Degree-educated in Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics, or equivalent experience
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Experience managing stakeholders and collaborating with customers
- Experience working with cloud data warehouses (Snowflake, Google BigQuery, AWS Redshift, Microsoft Synapse)
- Experience working with ETL/ELT tools (Fivetran, dbt, Matillion, Informatica, Talend, etc.)
- Experience working with cloud platforms (AWS, Azure, GCP) and container technologies (Docker, Kubernetes)
- 5+ years working with relational databases and query languages
- 5+ years building data pipelines in production and ability to work across structured, semi-structured and unstructured data
- 5+ years data modeling (e.g. star schema, entity-relationship)
- 3+ years writing clean, maintainable, and robust code in Python, Scala, Java, or similar coding languages is desirable
- Expertise in software engineering concepts and best practices and/or DevOps is desirable
- Experience working with big data technologies (Spark, Hadoop) is desirable
- Experience preparing data for analytics and following a data science workflow to drive business results is desirable