|Location||Santa Clara, California|
|Date Posted||July 30, 2022|
Press Tab to Move to Skip to Content Link
Select how often (in days) to receive an alert:
Thank you for checking us out!
If you re reading this, chances are that you re getting this information over at least one piece of hardware that we designed, developed, manufactured or service. Celestica is the brand behind the brands you love in tech and we design, develop, and manufacture leading-edge Hardware Platform Solutions in Networking, Storage, and Server solutions from general purpose to customized Cloud, AI, machine learning, Edge and 5G deployments. Across Data Centers and Enterprise deployments, we are partnered with an impressive roster of some of the world s biggest tech companies. We work with 9 of the top 10 global internet service providers, of the top 5 global storage providers, 3 of the top 5 networking OEMs, and the top 3 non-X86 server providers engineering solutions for this generation and the next.
Our customers experience firsthand the power of our people - people who share a passion for innovation, technology, collaboration, performance and quality. People who, together, make a formidable team that is not only transforming our company, but transforming the technology landscape of the future. Celestica might not be a household name, but as you evaluate the companies, industries, cultures and teams that you are considering for your next career move, we hope that one thing will become very clear: Celestica is no ordinary company. We are change makers. Innovators. And we have an unrelenting drive to find the way for our customers.
Let s engineer the future together.
Celestica Engineering is seeking a highly motivated and self-driven candidate qualified for the position of Optical System Engineer to help design and build market leading Fiber Optic Communication Switching Network.
The Optical Engineer will be a member of the Engineering team in larger Hardware Platform Development team. The candidate will be a Technical team leader, providing the detailed feature/functional specifications/system architecture, design and qualification for complex fiber Optics transceiver module and system, primarily 10 Gbit/s - 100 Gbit/s. This position requires an individual who will collaborate within R&D Engineering hardware and software teams on all matters related to datacenter and campus-wide network switch connectivity using Fiber Optics Components and other technologies.
Skills & Responsibilities:
- Experience and familiarity with vendor base for Optical Products is desired.
- Strong skills in developing Fiber Optic modules such as SFP+/XFP/CFP/QSFP.
- Perform optical and electrical characterization and qualification of high-speed pluggable optical transceivers and copper cables.
- Work closely with Engineering teams in new product introduction (NPI) process
- Develop, automate, and document new test procedures for the qualification of new pluggable optical transceivers or cables.
- Work closely with signal integrity and electrical hardware teams to debug, test and bring-up the Ethernet switching hardware which supports optical transceivers and cables.
- Provide engineering expertise and onsite support for interoperability demonstrations.
- Support internal product dev., qualification, and testing efforts.
- Support external optics certification and interoperability with 3rd party networking equipment.
- Help formulate vendor selection, management, and procurement strategy.
- Familiarity with high-speed pluggable transceiver form-factors and MSAs.
- Detailed experience with high-speed electrical and optical test equipment.
Skills Experience Requirements:
- 10+ years experience in fiber optic communication and Hardware product development.
- Highly self-motivated with a strong multidisciplinary background
- Demonstrated strong problem solving and analytical skills, ability to work independently or in a team.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Capable of understanding complicated systems quickly
- Bachelor's degree in Electrical or Computer Engineering - Master s degree preferred
- Educational Requirements may vary by Geography
This job description is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties and responsibilities of the position. Employees are held accountable for all duties of the job.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Celestica s policy on equal employment opportunity prohibits discrimination based on race, color, creed, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, marital status, veteran or disability status, or other characteristics protected by law.
This policy applies to hiring, promotion, discharge, pay, fringe benefits, job training, classification, referral and other aspects of employment and also states that retaliation against a person who files a charge of discrimination, participates in a discrimination proceeding, or otherwise opposes an unlawful employment practice will not be tolerated. All information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Celestica (NYSE, TSX: CLS) enables the world s best brands. Through our recognized customer-centric approach, we partner with leading companies in Aerospace and Defense, Communications, Enterprise, HealthTech, Industrial, Capital Equipment and Energy to deliver solutions for their most complex challenges. As a leader in design, manufacturing, hardware platform and supply chain solutions, Celestica brings global expertise and insight at every stage of product development - from drawing board to full-scale production and after-market services for products from advanced medical devices, to highly engineered aviation systems, to next-generation hardware platform solutions for the Cloud.
Headquartered in Toronto, with talented teams spanning 40+ locations in 13 countries across the Americas, Europe and Asia, we imagine, develop and deliver a better future with our customers.
Celestica would like to thank all applicants, however, only qualified applicants will be contacted.
Celestica does not accept unsolicited resumes from recruitment agencies or fee based recruitment services.