|Location||San Francisco, California|
|Date Posted||September 24, 2022|
This position is eligible for a minimum of $20k Sign-On Bonus
Sign on bonus is not permitted for internal candidates
At Raytheon Missiles & Defense, by combining our vast resources and investments we are able to dedicate ourselves to solving mission-level vs. product-level customer challenges - together we can anticipate more, move faster and make a bigger impact on the big picture.
Whole Life Engineering (WLE) is responsible for ensuring our products are Safe, Reliable, Maintainable, and delivered on time. WLE consists of multiple disciplines that support engineering, our program offices and our customers. Our WLE disciplines participate in the total life cycle of our products from conception to deactivation. Our focus area is product support, including the following disciplines: Reliability, System Safety and Supportability.
The Air Power and Strategic Missile Defense Department is looking for outstanding candidates to contribute to a fast-paced Engineering Team and work closely with the Whole Life Engineering (WLE) Functional Management to develop and implement strategic goals related to Supportability activities.
As a Principal Logistics Specialist, you'll work on Integrated Logistics Support (ILS) related to Engineering and strategic initiatives.
In this role, you will be accountable for executing and leading tasks in the areas of Integrated Logistics Support (ILS), Sustainment Planning, Logistics Management, Training, and/or Technical Documentation.
We value diverse skills and experience, so don't hold back. Your qualifications could add tremendous value to our team. Our customers come from all different backgrounds, and so do our employees. If you're passionate about what you could accomplish here, we'd love to hear from you.
Responsibilities to Anticipate:
- Provide general engineering support for product sustainment activities
- Define and promote technical strategies for long-term product sustainment
- Act as a liaison with all engineering disciplines, such as Systems, Electrical, Mechanical, Test, Materials and Processes, and Structural design functions
- Leading the development of ILS strategies for various programs as they transition from development or production into sustainment
- Development of training plans, instruction guides, lesson plans, learning objectives, training material, and technical documentation for audiences of diverse abilities and backgrounds
- Collect, input and monitor Logistics Support Analysis Report (LSAR) data to include parts, spares, support equipment and maintenance tasks
- Development and maintenance of Technical Manuals (TMs)/Technical Orders (TOs)
- Participation in TM/TO validations including customer conferences to ensure documentation conforms to contract requirements, identification of supplier manual content requirements, budget and schedule compliance and the conduct of peer reviews
Domestic travel may be required (approximately 10%)
Qualifications You Must Have:
Typically Requires: Bachelor's degree and 5+ years of relevant experience OR an Associates degree and 7 years of relevant experience OR an advanced degree and 3 years' relevant experience. In absence of a degree, 8 years of relevant experience is required.
- Experience in logistics, sustainment, support plans, system fielding, proposals, integration, or life cycle management
- Provisioning experience
- The ability to obtain and maintain a US security clearance. US citizenship is required as only US citizens are eligible for a security clearance
Qualifications We Value:
- Experience with Common Munitions Built-in-Test Reprogramming Equipment (CMBRE) operation
- Experience in the development and maintenance of Logistics Management Information (LMI) in accordance with MIL-STD-1388-2B, GEIA-STD-0007, MIL-PRF-49506, or similar specifications
- Former military experience in the Weapons or Ammo career fields
- Demonstrated ability to exercise cultural sensitivity
- System thinking
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Experience developing technical documents and training materials
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
What We Offer: Whether you are just starting out on your career journey or are an experienced professional, we offer a robust total rewards package that goes above and beyond with compensation; healthcare, wellness, retirement and work/life benefits; career development and recognition programs. Some of the superior benefits on offer include parental (including paternal) leave, flexible work schedules, achievement awards, educational assistance and child/adult backup care
This job is on-site and located in beautiful Tucson, AZ. Recognized as one of America's 10 Best Small Cities, Tucson has a friendly, laid-back atmosphere, combined with the innovation and energy of a metropolitan region. Surrounded by beautiful mountains, the colorful Sonoran Desert landscape and majestic saguaro cacti, Tucson showcases some of nature's best work. Tucson is known for its bright blue skies, and with more than 310 sunny days per year, this fantastic weather allows residents enjoy the outdoors year-round.
Additional Details: This job is posted internally as: Principal Specialist, Engineering Services
This requisition is ERIP Eligible. Employee Referral Award Eligibility: Only employees currently within RMD and RI&S have the potential to receive a Referral Award for submitting a referral to RMD and RI&S roles. ALL eligibility requirements must be met to receive the Referral Award.
Raytheon Technologies is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.