|Location||Morrisville, North Carolina|
|Date Posted||September 23, 2022|
The Principal Mechanical Engineer holds a key position in the design and advancement of New Product Development (NPD) initiatives for bio-devices for the global poultry, livestock and aquaculture industries. The ideal candidate will be a highly creative, seasoned, hands-on engineer, who will lead/participate in NPD programs for new applied bio-mechanical technology and devices from conceptualization to development and commercialization, including, idea generation, research, evaluation, product design, feasibility analysis, value assessment, product introduction, field application and commercialization. This position currently reports to the Director of Mechanical Engineering and leads development initiatives internally through a matrix organization in addition to managing external consulting and design firms, to accelerate NPD initiatives.
Key Job Responsibilities:
- Take full ownership responsibility of driving technological/scientific development of electro-mechanical industrial automation equipment and sub-systems.
- Provide advanced technical knowledge and strong leadership to product development teams to aggressively deliver the company's product portfolio.
- Act in the capacity of technical expert in the areas of electro-mechanical R&D and/or product development.
- Provide seasoned guidance and hands-on results related to concept development, mechanical analysis, part/assembly design, product verification, and DOE-based problem solving.
- Apply sound critical thinking to design effective experiments to solve complex technical problems.
- Investigate and create innovative design and analysis processes.
- Mentor early experience colleagues to raise the skills of the mechanical engineering group.
- Lead/support internal and/or external contract design resources as required.
- Communicate effectively across multi-disciplinary teams.
Education & Experience:
- Bachelor or Masters in Biomechanical Engineering or Mechanical Engineering - required
- Minimum of 15 years of hands-on industrial experience developing medical device, diagnostic equipment, or automation equipment - required.
- Minimum of 5 years of experience leading product development teams of 2-4 people - required.
- Demonstrated experience in designing, developing, and deploying medical, diagnostics, or industrial automation systems - required.
- Demonstrated experience designing experiments to solve complex mechanical problems - required.
- Proficient in designing parts and assemblies in Solidworks CAD platform - required.
Desired Skills & Qualifications:
- Experience designing sheet metal components and welded assemblies
- Experience developing motion-based electro-mechanical sub-systems
- Experience developing microfluidics delivery components and sub-systems
- Experience applying and/or using computational fluid dynamics analysis
- Experience applying and/or using structural finite element analysis
General office environment; This position will be subject to mostly controlled but potential varying internal environmental conditions, including changes in temperature and noise that are within acceptable safety levels common to a warehouse environment.
TARGAN Inc. is proud to be an affirmative action / equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, creed, gender, marital status, sexual orientation, citizenship status, color, religion, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, or any other status protected under local, state, or federal laws.
TARGAN (formerly Applied LifeSciences & Systems) is a mission driven company focusing on creating a more sustainable food supply, improving animal health, and eliminating disease to solve for a greater purpose in ending world hunger.
The TARGAN team has developed breakthrough technologies and solutions that will revolutionize the poultry, livestock, and aquaculture industries. Our team of experienced, innovative engineers and scientists are combining their engineering and biological expertise across a variety of proprietary technologies which include high-speed imaging, feature recognition, artificial intelligence, automation, and microfluidics to bring novel solutions to the industry.
We are looking for leaders that want to make a difference in the world. Join us and be part of building an amazing workplace where you will have a key role in propelling us forward to meeting our goals and achieving our mission.
At TARGAN you will not only be an employee, but you will also have ownership in the company. You will be a part of a dedicated, dynamic team working together to ensure the company's success. The company's success will be your success!
TARGAN's headquarters is centrally located in the Raleigh/Durham/RTP area.