|Date Posted||August 1, 2022|
Assists with: design and implementation of machining and assembly manufacturing processes; determination of sequence of operations; forecasting machinery/equipment/operator process time requirements; tooling design; and preparation of operational standards. Participates in determining manufacturing process improvement targets.
Scope of Responsibilities:
Responsible as assigned for assisting in the design, layout, and implementation of new machining line, leak test, and/or assembly processes. Assists as assigned in the analysis and modification of current manufacturing processes to implement process improvements. Provides input on processing sequence, optimal processing time requirements, and preparation of processing standards. Assists in modifying current tooling designs; preparation of customer claim reports; and determination and implementation of Poke Yoke devices. May assist in programming production equipment.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- May assist more experienced Engineers (II & III level) in the design, layout, and implementation of new manufacturing operations in the machining and assembly operations
- May assist more experienced Engineers and on some occasions works independently in the analysis and modification of current manufacturing machining and assembly operations including production equipment relocations
- May assist and on some occasions works independently in determining the optimal sequence of machining and assembly operations
- May be assigned to conduct time and motion studies to determine the optimal time requirements for each station in a production operation including conducting cycle time studies for OEE improvements
- Analyzes high rejection rates of assigned processes and recommends appropriate countermeasures
- May recommend modification of existing tooling for design improvements in assigned production processes
- Prepares customer claim reports (5S report)
- May assist with determining and implementing appropriate Poke Yoke devices for quality assurance
- May assist with programming of production equipment including robotic extractors, deburring robots, sealant robots, machining centers, etc
- Prepares operational standards for assigned manufacturing operations
- Applies Deming principles and other root cause analysis tools when analyzing production processes and makes appropriate recommendations for improvements
- Participates in the development and implementation of improvement plans that target reductions in manufacturing operational time while avoiding adverse impact to production operators
- Performs other process engineering related functions as assigned
- Applies Deming principles and other root cause analysis tools when analyzing problems within the associates department and makes appropriate recommendations for improvements
- May participate in a Quality Circle improvement team when possible
- Performs other related improvement functions as assigned
Education/Experience/Training (minimum required):
- Requires a bachelor's degree in Process Engineering or related field, or, no less than 7 years of progressively more responsible manufacturing experience in machining, assembly, or related operations 3 years of which must be in process engineering technical services.
- Must have good computer skills in developing reports using basic spreadsheets and graphs as well as word processing. Must skilled in the use of Deming and/or other root cause analysis tools as well as knowledge of time and motion study techniques.
- Must be able to pass drug screen
- Must be able to pass background check
- Must be 18 years or older
Equal Opportunity Employment
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We give consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other protected classification.