|Date Posted||May 11, 2021|
Ajilon has partnered with a global manufacturer in the Schaumburg, IL area and they are looking to add a Product and Applications Engineering Manager to their established organization. This is a Direct Hire opportunity. You will be providing product management with a heavy focus on technical selling, opportunity generation, and support for all customer solutions within the ethernet and cable industries. Develop new component solution opportunities to identify future assembly manufacturing needs. Support the engineering team with customer gained knowledge.
As our ideal candidate, you will have a minimum of four years of product management and technical sales experience. A Bachelor's Degree in Electrical or Mechanical Engineering and previous experience within the industrial connector, cable, or ethernet industry. Must be motivated, driven, and passionate for engineering design and sales. You will receive a competitive salary, bonus, and benefits package.
- Responsible for leading product roadmap strategy and execution with a focus on over molded cord sets and ethernet/signal connector cable assemblies.
- Understands and leads competitive analysis for all launched products. Includes competitive landscape, market analysis, and value proposition.
- Prepare and present customer proposals for sales meetings as the technical product expert on the product line.
- Influence and guide internal teams by prioritizing key projects.
- Determines future production capabilities as to drive new custom product revenue.
- Develops customer specific product plans with the global engineering team.
- Works in close collaboration with outside sales, engineering, customer service, inside sales, and production to communicate customer's expectations.
- Coordinates with product design and development on proposal estimates.
- Develop and maintain effective pricing strategies, product positioning strategies, and identifies new markets and sales opportunities.
- Research and perform competitor analysis.
- Initiate the development of product promotions, trainings, and sales literature to create product awareness.
- Minimum of four years of product management and technical sales experience.
- Proficient in MS Office, SAP, and Microsoft Dynamics CRM.
- Bachelor's Degree in Electrical or Mechanical Engineering.
- Previous experience within the industrial connector, cable, or ethernet industry.
- Strong executive presence; comfortable presenting across all levels of management.
- Must be a driven and self-motivated professional.
- Must have a passion and drive with a great sense of urgency.
- Express ideas clearly, practice attentive and active listening, and possess excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong technical and analytical skill set.
- Must be able to create and deliver effective business communications, presentations, and proposals.
- Possess a high degree of business acumen.
- Ability to work proactively and on own initiative.
- Ability to multi-task and work independently and within a team environment, motiving and collaborating with team members.
- Well organized and goal-oriented performer with desire to exceed goals.
If you are a passionate Product and Applications Engineering Manager looking for a new and rewarding career, please apply today! You don't want to miss out on this opportunity!
Ajilon is a leader in permanent recruitment-and in the placement of top talent. Our areas of specialty include office administration, customer service, human resources, engineering, and supply chain and logistics. Please feel to check us out and apply for other opportunities if this role isn't a perfect match.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Disabled
To read our Candidate Privacy Information Statement, which explains how we will use your information, please visit
The Company will consider qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.