|Date Posted||September 24, 2022|
Construction innovations - Facilities - Sacramento, CA
Construction Innovations is seeking mechanically inclined creative problems solvers to serve as Product Engineers. This position will act as Subject Matter Expert (SME) who will design and detail various products including assemblies and manufactured parts for electrical construction projects. Project types may be commercial building and industrial, utility-scale PV solar plants, other renewable energy plants, or substation, transmission and distribution. The ideal candidate possesses a strong technical background, the ability to effectively communicate, and has great attention to detail.
- Review and interpret project construction documents to establish detailing criteria.
- Recommend changes to the electrical design to support manufacturing and installation.
- Interpret technical drawings and product information data sheets.
- Develop detailed installation plans, especially product installation details.
- Identify material, assemblies and sub-assemblies needed for electrical installation and creating the associated bills of material (BOM).
- Optimize installation by selecting and/or verifying the most cost-effective and efficient products.
- Ensure design for installation and manufacturing drawings and BOMs align with project scope requirements.
- Guide field personnel on intended methods of installation and collect feedback.
- Improve existing product line offerings and suggest ideas for new products that create value.
- Create product testing requirements for pre-delivery and post-delivery quality assurance and commissioning.
- Implement new products and ensure conformity with design criteria including fabrication oversight in the plant and installation oversight in the field.
- Train on and perform duties in accordance with the quality management system (QMS).
- Traveling to project job sites (up to 30% working time away from office).
Product Engineer - Electrical
DESIRED SKILLS & EXPERIENCE:
- Minimum 5 years of relevant experience on electrical construction projects.
- Knowledge of technological advancements in electrical systems and components.
- Understanding of electrical materials, and construction means and methods.
- Ability to read and understand technical drawings.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office, especially Excel, Word and Outlook.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Design and/or engineering experience in electrical power and/or distribution systems preferred, but not required.
- Installation experience on medium and high voltage distribution systems or renewable energy projects highly preferred, but not required.
- Knowledge of renewable energy projects gained either through a trade education or engineering degree highly preferred, but not required.
- Proficiency in Accubid or Revit is a plus.
The Product Engineer position splits time between both office and field environments. The office is an open and collaborative environment where you will work both independently and with the team. When on-site, you will be working in construction environments including building construction, industrial plants, utility scale PV solar plants, other renewable energy plants and substations 12kV through 230kV. While on-site you will spend significant time working independently, often in fairly remote rural locations, possibly in extreme weather conditions.
- Occasionally required to sit for long and short periods of time.
- Regularly required to talk in order to communicate detailed, important, and accurate instructions to internal and external customers.
- Regularly required to walk for long and short distances.
- Frequently required to stand for long and short periods of time.
- Occasionally required to bend or twist at the neck and torso.
- Occasionally required to crouching, squatting, stooping, kneeling.
- Occasionally required to reach forward, grab, grasp, pinching, handle material and tools using upper extremities.
- Frequently required to lift, push, and pull objects weighing up to 25lbs.
- Required to have visual acuity with or without correction to inspect products before and after installation.
- Constantly required to hear sounds at normal speaking levels with or without correction. Ability to hear detailed information and distinguish sounds to avoid hazards.