|Date Posted||September 23, 2022|
Your Career Begins at Timken
If you're ready for a challenging career that provides you with the ability to advance personally and professionally, look to Timken. Our associates make the world more productive by improving the efficiency and reliability of the machinery that keeps industry in motion.Position Summary: The purpose of this role is to provide engineering support to manufacturing, project management, and customer-facing functions relative to new and existing chain and auger products. This position will focus on developing and/or modifying all aspects of product designs for the purposes of maximizing performance, production capacity and efficiency while minimizing manufacturing costs. This position will represent Timken Drives LLC to customers and industry groups in a professional manner. Essential Job Duties:
- Provide engineering expertise of global chain and auger products and product applications in order to create the best overall design solutions that meet customer needs, drive financial results, and satisfy manufacturing requirements.
- Assist in identifying applications for new and existing products by applying current and new engineering principles.
- Document and maintain records of all engineering analysis and testing required to validate designs, including competitor designs. Supervise and manage the technicians and equipment used in the testing of Timken Chain and Auger products and competitive products.
- Demonstrate knowledge of and conformance to engineering standards and quality systems.
- Engage in engineering projects that require analysis and problem solving in order to meet customer requirements.
- Develop and implement new engineering standards, new technology, and new uses of technology in products and processes.
- Participate in process improvement projects to minimize manufacturing costs and increase efficiency.
- Manage a group of Engineers and/or support staff. Some may be located remotely. This includes performing performance appraisals and other activities.
- Manage all aspects of our Management of Change (MOC), Drawing requests, and ECN systems along with the Master Data, Bills of Material, Routings, and other Engineering data relative to the ERP system.
- Serve as Liaison with the Timken India team. This includes training, interaction, work delegation and prioritization. Technical/Functional Skills:
- Ability to manage multiple people and projects in various locations.
- Customer and team focus.
- Learning agility.
- Problem solving and analytical skills.
- Excellent communication skills - verbal, written, and presentation.
- Microsoft Office Suite.
- Desire to work in manufacturing facility.
- Solid modeling design experience. Education: Minimum: BACHELOR of Engineering. 5-7 years of product engineering experience.All qualified applicants shall be treated equally according to their individual qualifications, abilities, experiences and other employment standards. There will be no discrimination due to gender or gender identity, race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, sexual orientation, veteran/military status or any other basis protected by applicable law.