|Location||Thousand Oaks, California|
|Date Posted||June 22, 2022|
A small to mid-sized successful and growing Certified Factory Home & Commercial
Modular Builder focused on delivering integrity and world class craftsmanship to our clients. Our
Factory Built Modular programs deliver faster, more affordable and better products. We set out to
build the best manufacturing environment, with the latest and greatest technology available to help
us achieve such lofty goals.
We are seeking a reliable, motivated production supervisor to join our growing organization. In this
position, you will utilize your experience, leadership and communication skills to direct team
members. You must be able to work under pressure and meet deadlines to produce quality products
safely and cost-effectively while preserving a positive attitude and providing excellent customer
- Supervise staff to produce manufactured products, and organizes and monitors workflow.
- Collaborate with engineers, subcontractors, etc. to determine project needs
- Set performance goals and deadlines
- Maintains workflow by monitoring and upgrading processes, setting processing variables, observing control points and equipment, monitoring personnel and resources, studying methods, implementing cost reductions, developing reporting procedures and systems, facilitating corrections to malfunctions within process control points, and initiating and fostering a spirit of cooperation within and between departments.
- Completes production plan by scheduling and assigning personnel, accomplishing work results, establishing priorities, monitoring progress, revising schedules, resolving problems, and reporting results of the processing flow on shift production summaries.
- Estimate costs and ensure the project is on budget
- Maintains quality service by establishing and enforcing production standards.
- Ensures operation of equipment by calling for repairs and evaluating new equipment and techniques.
- Provides manufacturing information by compiling, initiating, sorting, and analyzing production performance records and data, and answering questions and responding to requests.
- Creates and revises systems and procedures by analyzing operating practices, record-keeping systems, forms of control, and budgetary and personnel requirements, and implementing change.
- Maintains safe and clean work environment by educating and directing personnel on the use of all control points, equipment, and resources, and maintaining compliance with established policies and procedures.
- Resolve on-site issues and emergencies
- Resolves personnel problems by analyzing data, investigating issues, identifying solutions, and recommending action.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
- Ability to operate maintenance tools and equipment.
- Ensures Health & Safety is the number one goal by having the ability to work in a constant state of alertness, following policies, processes, and acting in a safe manner at all times and ensures safety precautions are observed by all fabrication facility employees.
- Order/negotiate with metal, paint, hardware, and decal suppliers.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
SKILLS & QUALIFICATIONS
- 3 Years relevant work experience in a manufacturing or construction environment.
- In-depth understanding of construction operations and processes
- Firm understanding of quality standards and health and safety regulations
- Knowledge of performance evaluation and budgeting concepts
- Experience in reporting on key production metrics
- Ability to align, motivate and drive engagement / team work
- Proven track record to develop and maintain a high performing workforce
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to build rapport quickly with employees and communicate effectively with all levels of the organization, both verbally and written
- Innovative, practical, and collaborative strategic problem solving skills
- Excellent project management skills, ability to manage timelines and meet deadlines within a changing culture
- Possess strong needs-analysis, decision-making, problem solving, and delegation skills, with the ability to assess and recommend actions where established procedures may not exist
- Actively seek for opportunities to influence, build effective relationships and gain alignment with peers, functional partners and/or external partners to accomplish business objectives
- Ability to lead a team-based approach to decision making
- OSHA Safety certification, Certified in Production and Inventory Management (CPIM), and Certified Manufacturing Specialist (CMS) a plus.
- Degree in Engineering, Construction Management, or similar field; Master's degree is a plus
Mallory McQuistan - or
All qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, age, color, sex (including pregnancy), religion, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, military status, genetic information, or any other status protected by applicable laws or regulations.
GPAC (Growing People and Companies) is an award-winning search firm specializing in placing quality professionals within multiple industries across the United States since 1990. We are extremely competitive, client-focused and realize that our value is in our ability to deliver the right solutions at the right time.