|Date Posted||June 22, 2022|
Romeo Power (NYSE: RMO) is on a mission to power the world's transition to electrification. This is part of our bold vision to create a world where energy poverty no longer exists. As an energy technology leader delivering advanced electrification solutions for complex commercial vehicle applications, we seek to attract the most curious minds to help us drive real change and create a more sustainable future.
As a company, we're continually innovating to challenge what's possible. We believe in transparency and teamwork. With a long-term mindset, we take solution-driven approaches. We thrive on solving the hardest problems and we celebrate our successes as a team. We're diverse, inclusive and share a passion for making access to clean energy universal as we drive towards a democratically energized world.
Founded in 2016, Romeo Power is headquartered in Los Angeles, California. Our suite of advanced hardware, combined with our innovative battery management system, delivers the safety, performance, reliability and configurability our customers need to succeed. Romeo Power's 113,000 square-foot manufacturing facility brings its flexible design and development process inhouse to pack the most energy dense battery systems on the market.
The Program Manager has overall responsibility for ensuring the success of the product development and deployment so that Romeo Power can manufacture and deliver high-value, cost-competitive battery systems. They will achieve this by working with all departments across the value stream to ensure that Romeo Power Corporate Values, customer, and market needs are integrated successfully throughout the program. The role will be responsible for profitable execution of development activities, pilot operations, transition to serial production, issue resolution, and fulfillment of the product or product family to ensure the financial and operational success of Romeo Power and our customers.
The Program Manager additionally will assist and possibly lead the development of new processes which will drive operational excellence within Romeo Power. The role will have a large amount of influence in shaping the company and contributing to its growth and success.
Key Roles and Responsibilities
- Has the overall responsibility to meet the customer program milestones on time by adhering to the deliverables outlined within the product development process.
- Is accountable for the execution of the program deliverables
- Works across our own engineering teams to ensure alignment of engineering schedules and activities
- Fosters regular review meetings to ensure team and schedule alignment throughout development and product launch
- Creates and manages program P&L budgets, including invoice management.
- Assists internal and external manufacturing teams in leading the efforts to transition from prototyping to mass production
- Supports supplier engagement with Supply Chain Management when needed to ensure smooth interface between customer needs, program impacts, and business goals
- Collaborates with local and global teams in a variety of functional areas such as engineering, quality, sales, logistics, purchasing, and testing
- Assists factory team to research and resolve customer problems
- Facilitates communication between management team and customers
- Fosters positive relationships with customers and serve as their primary point of contact within Romeo Power
- Resolves customer issues with speed and efficiency
- Gains deep knowledge of customer and product segment to inform strategic approach
- Is accountable for funneling external information from client or market to internal teams to inform necessary changes to products
- Performs rigorous contract management to ensure terms and conditions are met by both the customer and Romeo Power
- Travel may be required (
- Bachelor's Degree in Business, Engineering, or related field, or can demonstrate exceptional talent, experience, and results in lieu of a degree
- Minimum 3 years of experience in manufacturing or consumer products industry
- Minimum 1 year project/program management experience
- Master's Degree in Business, Engineering, or related field
- 5+ years of experience in manufacturing or consumer products industry
- 3+ years project/program management experience
- Leadership experience in industry
- Experience running P/L with commercial elements of program and business operations
- Project/Program Management Certification
Romeo Power is an equal opportunity employer and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any kind without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws or our own sensibilities.