|Location||Greensboro, North Carolina|
|Date Posted||July 30, 2022|
Job Category: Preconstruction
Requisition Number: CONST001744
309 Gallimore Dairy Rd, Suite 102, Greensboro, NC 27409, USA
Do you want to be part of a growing, well established, family friendly company? Samet Corp, headquartered in Greensboro, NC is looking for experienced, hardworking, dynamic people to join our team in Greensboro, NC!!
Samet Corporation provides professional construction and management services for projects in the Commercial/Industrial, Housing (multi-family), Educational/Institutional, and Healthcare market sectors.
Our culture is built on teamwork and innovation. We encourage our Associates to be empowered when making decisions, and they can be confident that their voice will be heard.
Currently, Samet is seeking a Construction Project Planner / Scheduler who is responsible for developing and maintaining master schedules of corporate design and construction management program with multiple, simultaneous projects.
Construction Scheduler Key Responsibilities:
- Establish and maintain the software systems necessary to meet the contract requirements for scheduling and planning.
- Maintain the process and procedures documents for Samet Corporation's project planning and schedule development.
- Establish and maintain permissions and standard templates in scheduling software platforms.
- Prior to project start, create a project in the appropriate software platform for the project team to build a schedule.
- Ensure the project team has the appropriate training and software to develop the schedule.
- Review the preliminary and initial schedules for compliance with Samet requirements and contract requirements. Advise and assist Operations if changes are needed.
- Ensure all schedules are properly cost and resource loaded, when required by contract.
- Maintain baseline schedule for each project and identify and record the impact of work performed and not performed as scheduled.
- Archive schedules after projects are complete.
- Interface with Operations, Owners, and Subcontractors to discuss impact of work and resolution of problems.
- Contribute to the development of working schedules for estimating and business development, which sufficiently illustrate the sequence of work activities and contract time.
- Serve as technical advisor for any schedule process or software related problems.
- Assist Project Managers or Superintendents in creating short-term / interval schedules, monitor such schedules to determine impact on master schedule, and help in formulating actions to correct scheduling problems.
- Provide information as needed on the content, modification, or presentation of project schedules.
- Identify scheduling software training needs among employees and provide training on a recurring basis; remain current on the advancements in scheduling software.
- Responsible for continuously expanding and updating professional knowledge and honing training skills in order to enhance individual and team innovation and productivity.
Construction Scheduler Requirements:
- Bachelor's Degree in Engineering or Construction Management or other related field
- Minimum of 5 years of successful experience in construction with a broad range of construction project types including commercial, office/industrial, institutional, and multifamily/mixed use; or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Working knowledge of construction scheduling including proficiency with Primavera P6 scheduling software, MS office/Office 365 applications and leading construction software.
- Strong working knowledge of construction/field service and related work flow processes
- Skilled in scheduling principles and methods including: CPM scheduling techniques; resource loading of schedules; resource leveling; earned value; and contractor developed schedule review, analysis and reporting
In business since 1961, Samet Corporation is a leader in construction and real estate development services in the Triad region of North Carolina. Based in Greensboro, NC with offices in Charlotte, Raleigh, & Wilmington, NC; Savannah, GA and Charleston, SC, Samet projects can be found throughout NC, SC and VA. Samet offers a competitive salary and excellent benefits including:
- Competitive salaries
- Parental leave
- Tuition reimbursement
- Health & wellness challenges and incentives
- Generous paid time off and holidays
- Flexible spending account
- 401(k) with company match
- Health (HSA & traditional), Dental, Vision, and Life Insurance
- Long and Short-Term Disability Insurance