|Date Posted||May 5, 2021|
Trades & Services
Founded in 2003 and headquartered in Ontario, California, Phoenix Motorcars develops, deploys, and services all electric drive systems for Zero Emission Commercial Vehicles. The company's electric vehicles have logged over 2.3-million zero emission miles, reducing over 6.5 million pounds of carbon emissions, equivalent to the amount of carbon sequestered by over 3,400 acres of U.S. forests. Phoenix Motorcars strives to provide fleets with clean transportation and renewable energy through advanced technology solutions and remains committed to excellence in electric vehicle innovation.
Phoenix encourages your commitment to quality as you ensure the delivery of consistent manufacturing processes and on-time vehicle deliveries. Hence, Phoenix is continually seeking diligent, determined performers who think outside the box to help us find better and more efficient ways to manufacture our vehicles.
We are seeking for a Quality Control Manager - EV who will be responsible for:
- Develop the Quality Operating System that is focused on prevention and in full compliance with ISO 9001 requirements.
- Ensure our product meets defined standards, reliability, and performance expectations.
- Keeping accurate documentation and performing statistical analysis.
- Training and managing production line staff in production practices and quality assessment of goods.
- Lead all QA related activities and develop the formalized Quality Operating System.
- Document the QA system to be in compliance with ISO 9001 and lead the certification efforts.
- Continuous observation of all in-process manufacturing levels and evaluation of their adherence to good and established quality standards.
- Maintain Non-Conforming Material Review (NCMR) database for supply base and internal review.
- Formulate, document, and maintain quality control standards and on-going quality control objectives.
- Identify systemic areas for improvements and methods to achieve.
- Supervise workers engaged in inspection and testing activities to ensure high productivity and high technical integrity.
- Establish SOPs for all quality processes and procedures to maintain consistency, accuracy, and controlled results.
- Staff, manage and allocate QA technician personnel to support the facility production operation.
- Evaluate, and oversee the monitoring of calibration devices, gages, and measuring devices to detect non-conforming product.
- Develop bench test methods to include, fixtures, hardware, and generate work instructions.
- Train others in all aspects of the quality system and application of procedures.
- Lead regular inspection meetings with representatives from appropriate departments to establish an action plan for improving build quality.
- Develop, implement, and manage key performance indicators (KPIs) for each area of responsibility.
- Educational experience: Bachelor's in Science or Engineering
- Minimum 5 years' experience in a Quality management role in a manufacturing environment.
- Minimum 2 years leading a strategic Quality organization for systems, processes, and products.
- Prior audit experience and knowledge of ISO 9001 and GMP.
- Problem solving methodology- DMAIC, 5Whys, 8D, Root Cause analysis, etc.
- Experience with implementing quality processes and systems (Control plans, PFMEA's, CAPA Investigations)
- Experience working with project planning tools (Excel, PowerPoint, Projects, Smartsheets, Visio, Confluence).
- Strong problem-solving, organizational, and analytical skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, leadership skills, and a professional attitude.
- Professional appearance and work ethic.
- Ability to lift up to 50lbs.
- Good verbal and written communication skills.
- ASQ or APICS certification.
- Understand and adapt with OSHA compliance.
This is an opportunity to grow your career at a leading manufacturer of All-Electric Medium Duty Vehicles. The position includes competitive wages and a comprehensive benefits package, including health insurance (medical, dental, vision), a 401k matching program, and paid holidays and vacation. This position reports directly to the Production Manager.