|Location||Blue Island, Illinois|
|Date Posted||June 22, 2022|
Direct Hire Opportunity
Our client is a science company whose technologies bring benefits to many aspects of daily life. With more than 24,100 employees in 64 countries, they bond people, ideas, and elements to reinvent progress. The Group seeks to create sustainable shared value for all, notably through its. One Planet plan crafted around three pillars: protecting the climate, preserving resources, and fostering better life. The Group's innovative solutions contribute to safer, cleaner, and more sustainable products found in homes, food and consumer goods, planes, cars, batteries, smart devices, health care applications, water, and air purification systems.
What: Full-Time Direct Hire
Where: Blue Island, IL
Compensation: Tailored to candidate's qualifications
Benefits: Comprehensive benefits coverage offerings, PTO, Holidays, 401K, etc.
Job Overview and Responsibilities
This individual will be a member of the North America Group Engineering and Construction (GEC) Site Engineering Office (SEO) and will report to the GEC SEO Engineering Manager. This individual will be responsible for the Midwest region with the focus capex projects
- Manage a team of project engineers, contract engineers and designers to support the capital program. In addition, the individual is responsible for all associated third party activities (e.g. project controls consultants, A/E firms, construction management personnel...) and will assist in the recruitment of internal staff necessary to support the project.
- Responsible to streamline & standardize the capex process and implement best practices to harmonize the way of evaluating opportunities and delivery of projects (time, budget, quality) that is consistent with the SEO engineering procedures.
- Execution of the capital program. Ensure all capital project proposals are consistent with business & market strategy. Lead projects through project prioritization, ensure projects delivered on schedule and on budget, and meet stated goals.
- Manage select capital projects within the region including items such as developing and costing conceptual FEL solutions, detailed design, developing project justifications and cost estimates, schedule development, and cost management, coordination of construction activities, and startup and commissioning activities.
- Administrative management of the engineering team including performance management and personal development.
- The individual must be self-motivated and be able to work as a team or independently on multiple concurrent projects and manage a team of project engineers while reporting to a remote manager.
- Approximately 20% travel
Education and Experience
BS in Mechanical, Chemical Engineering.
Minimum 8 years of project management, construction management, managing a capital program or combination of these in industrial application required. Advanced degree preferred.
- Must be familiar with industry standard project management techniques.
- Must have experience in leading a multi-functional project team.
- Must have experience in developing and managing the FEL process including project schedules and project costs.
- Must have working knowledge of safety hazard reviews and risk mitigation techniques.
- Must have experience developing contractor work packages, managing contracts, and coordinating contractors.
- Proficient use of Excel, MS Word, MS Project, cost estimating programs, AutoCAD.
- Must have a working knowledge of applicable OSHA standards, Regulatory Compliance and Building Code Requirements.
- Must have a solid working knowledge of process operations.
- Self-managing, proactive.
- Must have excellent written and oral communications skills.
- Demonstrated and proven leadership capability - personnel development, leading teams, resolving conflict, sound judgment.
- Strong project engineering / management skills.
- Proven track record of managing a capital team.
- Professional Engineer Stamp or Project Management Professional certification a plus-but not required.
On-Board Companies provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics.