|Location||El Cajon, California|
|Date Posted||July 31, 2022|
EOE STATEMENT: We are an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
- Conduct daily collection of various types of waste containers from client facility/site following scheduled collection routes. Waste may be moved by hand or with a variety of equipment including pallet jack, forklift, and carts.
- Load and unload contained waste and tools of various weights from vehicles by hand or using equipment such as pallet jack, forklift, lift gate, etc.
- Clean up hazardous waste sites using various types of tools including but not limited to rags, absorbents, brooms, shovels, buckets and pressure washer.
- Work on call as member of emergency hazmat team to complete various hazmat clean up tasks using all types of tools and equipment.
- Accurately complete, and review various forms such as driver logs, service and work orders, manifests, land ban forms, and bills of lading.
- Maintain current licenses and certifications necessary to complete job assignments. Ensure proper records are on file with company.
- Properly label and mark hazardous waste containers for transportation and storage in accordance with applicable regulations.
- Operate company vehicle to run errands.
Non Essential functions:
- General office/warehouse maintenance/repair
- General office/warehouse cleaning
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Formal education in environmental studies and/or chemistry, a plus
- Current Class C drivers license w/hazardous waste endorsements, a plus
- Clean DMV driving record
- 0 - 1 year experience working in hazardous waste industry
- Current 40-hour HAZWOPER certificate
- Ability to read, write and speak English language, per DOT regulations
- Effective communication skills
- Willingness to work overtime with little or no notice
- Ability to stand, bend, stoop, kneel and reach
- Ability to use hand/power tools and equipment
- Ability to wear a respirator and protective clothing
- Ability to sit/drive
- Ability to lift 50 pounds several times a day
RAIL, WASTE, MARINE, CORPORATE:
OPEN DATE: 5/4/2022
LOCATION: CA, El Cajon
ABOUT THE ORGANIZATION: VLS Environmental Services is the recognized industry leader in providing Environmental Solutions to our Industrial and Manufacturing clients. A financially stable company that has experienced significant organic and inorganic growth over the past several years, VLS offers the perks of a big company (competitive pay, great time off packages, and solid benefits, including paid life insurance and a 401(k) match of up to 5%) combined with the collaborative and results-driven culture of a small one.