|Date Posted||July 31, 2022|
Century Therapeutics is developing novel allogeneic living cell products for oncology that overcome the limitations of current cell therapies. Century's genetically-engineered, universal iPSC-derived immune effector cell products are designed to specifically target hematologic and solid tumor cancers. Our commitment to developing off-the-shelf cell therapies will expand patient access and provide an unparalleled opportunity to advance the course of cancer care.
Century's foundational technology is built on induced pluripotent stem cells (iPSCs) that have unlimited self-renewing capacity. This enables complex cellular engineering to produce controlled cell banks of modified cells that can be expanded and differentiated into desired immune effector cells, which can supply vast amounts of allogeneic, homogeneous therapeutic products. This platform differentiates Century from other approaches that utilize non-renewable donor-derived cells.
This position is based in Philadelphia, PA.
We are seeking a highly motivated and creative scientist with expertise in the cell engineering and gene editing space, to help us advance our universal iPSC-derived allogeneic cell products for targeting hematological and solid tumors. The Scientist, Cell Engineering will be responsible for utilizing existing cell engineering methodologies, as well as developing and incorporating novel tools for targeted gene editing in iPSCs in support of cell therapy efforts. The ideal candidate will work closely with research colleagues and other functional teams to deliver on our collective corporate goals.
- Gene editing using CRISPR-Cas9 and Cas12a in iPSCs
- Engineering IPSCs with site-specific transgene integrations using Homology Directed Repair (HDR)
- Molecular cloning of plasmid donor constructs for HDR
- Analysis of engineered cells by NGS
- Independently propose, design, execute and report research projects
- Typically, a PhD in biological, technical, or engineering field with no/limited post-doc/industry experience. Or a BS or MS degree in a relevant biological, technical, or engineering field, with 10-12 years for BS, or 7-10 years for MS, of relevant professional experience.
- Experience in genome editing using CRISPR-Cas9 or CRISPR-Cpf1
- Demonstrated experience with targeted gene insertion into the genome by Homology-Directed Repair
- Extensive cell culture experience essential; experience with culturing iPSCs highly preferred
- Experience with multi-color flow cytometry essential. Cell sorting experience is a plus.
- Proficiency in molecular biology techniques including molecular cloning, qPCR, ddPCR and Western Blotting.
- Ability to perform in a fast-paced environment and handle multiple priorities simultaneously
- Strategic thinker with respect to positioning and clinical differentiation of pipeline compounds in oncology arena; appreciates the competitive oncology landscape
- Decisive, proactive and organized with a keen ability to prioritize
- High scientific integrity, committed to ethics and scientific rigor
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with the demonstrated ability to make effective presentations to a broad range of audiences, both internal and external
Century Therapeutics Inc. is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer - Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, age, or veteran status or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law.