|Location||Saint Petersburg, Florida|
|Date Posted||September 23, 2022|
Trades & Services
Title: Security Officer
Reports to: Security Chief
Position Type: Part-time/non-exempt
Location: The Florida Holocaust Museum
ABOUT THE MUSEUM:
The Florida Holocaust Museum (The FHM) honors the memory of millions of innocent men, women and children who suffered or died in the Holocaust. One of the largest Holocaust museums in the country, The FHM is dedicated to teaching members of all races and cultures to recognize the inherent worth and dignity of human life in order to prevent future genocides. One of only three American Alliance of Museum (AAM) accredited Holocaust museums, The FHM boasts an outstanding collection of contemporary visual art as well as the largest Holocaust research library in the Southeastern United States. Its permanent exhibition highlights the artifacts, photographs, documents and testimonies of Holocaust Survivors and Liberators who came to settle in Florida. Please visit for more information about The FHM and its programs.
ABOUT THE POSITION:
The Security Officer position ensures a safe environment to protect our visitors, staff, volunteers, and artifacts. The Security Officer is the first person our visitors see when coming in our doors.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Be at assigned work position at designated time.
- Monitor security cameras when assigned to command center.
- Greet and observe employees entering thru employee entrance.
- Greet all visitors and check them thru Metal detector and personal belongings thru X-ray.
- Make routine walk check of all floors and exterior of museum property.
- Report anything strange in or around the museum to command center.
- In case of any type of emergency contact command center.
- Always be concerned of the wellbeing of our guest and employees.
- Fill out incident report and advise Security Chief of the incident.
- Florida Class D security license.
- High school graduate.
- Military veteran, Police background, or 3 -year security service, preferred.
- Helpful, courteous attitude
- Pass background check.
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY POLICY
The Florida Holocaust Museum provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.