|Date Posted||May 5, 2021|
Trades & Services
TRC is seeking a Senior Civil Engineer / Team Leader to join our growing Engineering and Remediation Practice in Greenville, South Carolina. The successful candidate will be a highly motivated individual looking for career growth and experience in the design and construction of environmental remediation, storm water, solid waste, and/or general civil engineering projects. Our engineering staff provide support for permitting, design, and construction of a wide variety of technically challenging projects primarily for industrial, utility, renewable energy, and public sector/private clients. The position focuses on a candidate with the ability to work independently or in a project team with demonstrated excellence in written and oral communications, presentations, analytical, professional judgment, and team building skills.
- Team Leader for the Civil Engineering Group
- Design stormwater management systems, renewable energy systems, and solid waste management systems.
- Prepare proposals and estimates for various projects.
- Manage projects to include budgets, schedules, and client relations.
- Responsible for the development of permit-level site plans, stormwater management design, hydrologic and hydraulic modelling, stormwater pollution prevention plans (SWPPPs), and stormwater drainage reports
- Developing construction documents (drawings, specifications, and cost estimates), and providing bid assistance (preparing bid sheets, and reviewing contractor bids).
- Completing engineering calculations (i.e., for storm and site development).
- Grading, drainage and site layout design and analyses.
- Conducting regulatory research and determine applicability to projects at hand.
- Overseeing field work activities including planning work, developing work plans, and coordinating with subcontractors and clients.
- May be responsible for multiple projects simultaneously.
- Construction CQA and oversight.
- Interpreting data, conducting analyses, comparing findings to regulations to ensure compliance.
- Communicating with clients and coordinating with regulatory agencies on behalf of clients.
- Preparing summary reports, technical memoranda, and email correspondence.
- Serve as Engineer of Record for projects.
- Implementing TRC's safety, quality, and project management programs.
- Bachelor's degree in Civil or Environmental Engineering.
- 10+ years of engineering consulting and construction experience.
- Professional Engineer (P.E.) license.
- Experience with storm water calculations, design, and permitting.
- Experience with AutoCad Civil 3D with an emphasis on grading and surfaces.
- Experience with civil site planning.
- Construction experience.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Possession of a valid driver's license.
- Working knowledge of health and safety practices.
- Ability to pass a background check, drug screen and OSHA physical.
The following skills and experience a plus:
- Professional licensure (PE).
- OSHA 40 hr. HAZWOPER certification.
- Experience with the following software platforms; CAD Civil 3D, GIS.
- Proficiency with ESRI ArcGIS and Microsoft Project or equivalent project scheduling packages a plus.
TRC offers advancement potential and a competitive compensation and benefits package including a 401k plan with a company match. For more information please visit our website at