|Location||Las Vegas, Nevada|
|Date Posted||September 24, 2022|
Please note that this position is located in Jurupa Valley, CA.Relocation assistance is available. Come work for a company that has been around for over 130 years and continues to grow and play a significant role in the building of America!
The Senior Civil Engineer will support operations, maintenance, engineering, and Quality Control with civil and structural engineering needs. Including review and stamping of mix designs, review of structural engineering conditions, certification of rigging and safety devices as needed, and design of foundations and structures as needed.
At CalPortland, were proud to offer a comprehensive, competitive benefits package that provides health and financial support to our most important resources: our employees. Your benefits are an important part of your overall compensation at CalPortland. Thats why we give you a wide range of benefits to choose from. All regular full-time employees may enroll in a variety of health and welfare plans including medical, dental, and vision plans. Other benefits include life insurance, disability coverage, an employee assistance program, and a retirement program. The company also has a variety of voluntary benefits for employees to choose from.
- Review calculations and drawings generated by engineering firms, consultants, and contractors for compliance with company standards and other regulations and laws
- Provide civil/structural design calculations and drawings for projects that are to be engineered within the company
- Inspect structures that have been subjected to conditions that may have caused structural damage and make recommendations for repairs or other disposition
- Design and review design of rigging and safety devices as needed by operations throughout the company
- Work closely with plant and corporate engineering personnel
- Certify Statements of Mix Design for ready mix concrete
- Coordinate construction work on assigned projects with plant operations
- Apply for building permits and oversee the work to ensure compliance with the project specifications, drawings, and the requirements of the proper governmental agency
- Provide National Ready Mixed Concrete Association (NRMCA) plant certifications for ready mix plants, which include inspection of plants and fleet
Bachelor of Science degree in Civil Engineering
- Minimum of 3 years experience in heavy industrial civil/structural design and construction
- Registered as a Professional Engineer in the State of California and preferably Nevada
- Working knowledge of local, state, and national building codes
- Will be required to travel to company facilities and other locations as needed
- Must be a self-starter and able to work independently
- Must be able to work cooperatively with plant and corporate personnel
- Must be able to work at heights and in restricted spaces
- Must be able to climb ladders and stairs in an industrial environment to access/inspect equipment
Conditions of Employment
Successful candidate must submit to a post-offer pre-employment physical examination, drug/alcohol screen, and background check. Some positions require FMCSA-regulated ongoing drug and alcohol testing.