|Date Posted||August 2, 2022|
Grainger is North America's leading distributor of maintenance, repair, and operating products and services. Our wide assortment, deep expertise, innovative technology solutions and unparalleled customer service keep customers' operations running and their people safe.
We're looking for passionate people who can move our company forward. We have a welcoming workplace where you can build a career for yourself while fulfilling our purpose to keep the world working. We embrace new ways of thinking and recognize everyone is an individual. Find your way at Grainger.
Data Science application areas span across recommender systems, text search, product matching and SEO. Projects often encompass research, data engineering, model development, testing, scaling, A/B testing and implementing in production for real-time applications.
Sr. Data Science Engineers help develop dynamic solutions using statistical, machine learning and deep learning methodologies. They develop data science solutions in e-commerce and across multiple departments.
- Participate in end-to-end data science project lifecycle - data mining and exploration, model development, solution deployment in production, measurement and tracking of goals.
- Use machine learning and deep learning techniques to create scalable real-time solutions for business problems.
- Conduct analysis of text data to understand the relationship between Grainger's product assortment and user search queries, industries, and job responsibilities.
- Transform data into relevant recommendations and models. Present concise results.
- Work with multiple teams and communicate results and ideas to important decision makers.
- Design, validate and evaluate solutions using Python, SQL, noSQL, shell commands and other programming tools and sometimes advanced data structures.
- Build and validate machine learning and deep learning applications including Regression, Classification, Clustering, kNN, CNN, RNN/LSTM, GNN, NLP and Text Mining.
- Mine and explore data to find insights and value.
- You will report to the Sr. Principal Data Scientist.
- Masters' / PhD degree in a technical / quantitative field required (Data Science, Engineering, Computer Science, Statistics or Mathematics.)
- 3+ years of relevant recent Data Science work experience (excluding academic school projects)
- Advanced skills to work with complex unstructured data (Data Engineering, exploring, analyzing)
- Proficiency in coding (Python, pyspark, Java/Scala) and programming concepts
- Experience in Deep Learning frameworks preferred in Pytorch, TensorFlow, Keras, ONNX or similar.
- Work in NLP with word2vec, fasttext, Transformers, and BERT (familiar with huggingface library or similar).
- Familiarity with Nvidia GPU technology, CUDA and RAPIDS
- Experience working with version control tools like git with github / bitbucket and writing shell scripts
- Experience with recommender systems
- An experimenter mindset, good at note taking and keeping track of experiments and insights.
- Curiosity, enthusiasm, and passion to build.
Rewards and Benefits:
With benefits starting day one, Grainger is committed to your safety, health and wellbeing. Our programs provide choice and flexibility to meet our team members' individual needs. Check out some of the rewards available to you at Grainger
- Medical, dental, vision, and life insurance plans
- Generous paid time off (PTO) and 6 company holidays per year
- Automatic 6% 401(k) company contribution each pay period
- Employee discounts, parental leave, 3:1 match on donations and tuition reimbursement
- A comprehensive set of emotional, financial, physical and social wellbeing programs
We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender, gender identity or expression, or veteran status. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.