|Date Posted||August 23, 2021|
Condux International is seeking a highly skilled Senior Electrical Controls Engineer to join our engineering team in pursuit of developing cutting edge technology solutions for automated cable installation systems. In this role, you will have the exciting opportunity to bring next-generation automation processes and technology from conception through to production in a team-oriented environment. The scope of this role will be broad and impactful, you will have significant ownership and be empowered to contribute throughout the development lifecycle.
Our ideal candidate enjoys a fast-paced environment where collaboration, synergy and innovation define workflows. You are intellectually curious, enjoy learning about new technologies and how to implement these into real-world applications. You will also be a complex control systems engineer capable of bringing new subject matter expertise to the team. If you are an Engineer that brings to the table capabilities such as developing wireframes, have excellent knowledge of wireless communication, CAN Bus applications and complex systems programming, cloud computing experience we want to talk to you.
• Lead the team's electrical development function with focus on designing complex machine-to-machine synchronization.
• Design, specify, implement, and test software for controlling a variety of electronic actuators including a wide range of sensor types and inputs.
• Develop wireless communication solutions and infrastructure between a variety of machines.
• Own the selection, design, test and implementation of control algorithms, actuator controllers including the coordination with development partners.
• Work cross-functionally with multi-discipline engineering groups, product owners and key stakeholders up to the C-suite to deliver first of the kind cable installation technology solutions.
Required Skills & Professional Experience:
• Bachelor's Degree in Electrical Eng. or similar technical field of study
• 4+ years' Experience in Controls, Process Flow and Automation
• PLC / IO / GUI / HMI System design, including various sensors and controllers.
• Programming and high-level proficiency with real-time software development and debugging required. Knowledge of C/C++, Python highly desired.
• Experience with Cloud computing
• Familiarity with industrial communications technologies, (example MODBUS, CAN, Ethernet/IP) Experience with Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, cellular, ZigBee, and other wireless communications standards is highly desirable.
• Experience with Android/Apple application development (Java programming)
• Experience with Web interface development (HTML / Java Script)
• Knowledge of PCB layout / design
• Control algorithms
• Ability to Read and Create Electrical Schematics
• Experience in Design and Development of Controls for Power Equipment; Construction or Heavy Equipment.
• Mechatronics, CAD
• Comfortable working with external Vendors; Supplies or Contractors.
Preferred Skills & Professional Experience:
• Advanced Degree in Electrical Eng. or other technical field of study
• Experience in multidisciplinary environments and working with interdisciplinary teams.
• Comfortable balancing research, development, and product implementation efforts
• Experience developing commercial embedded systems.
• Experience with system architecture
Condux International is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and all aspects of employment including the decision to hire, promote, discipline, or discharge, will be based on merit, competence, performance, and business needs. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, marital status, age, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical??? condition, pregnancy, genetic information, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or ?expression, veteran status, or any other applicable characteristics protected by law.